would it be wrong to lie

elisesmum

Reaction score
So i do have a bump so if i hide it would it be wrong and lie to my new potential boss and not let on that im pregnant. i just know if i say im pregnant im not going to get the job and its an easy job that im going to be doing x

I wouldn't lie if they ask outright BUT if they don't ask then you have no obligation to tell them.

Good luck!

xxxxxx

I definitly wouldnt lie if they asked me, hope they dont bring it up wanted to work here for quite a while now xx

I definitly wouldnt lie if they asked me, hope they dont bring it up wanted to work here for quite a while now xx

Oh OK hun, I see - you are actually looking at a new job? Not just a promotion?

I just read this:

The continuous employment rule

To satisfy the continuous employment rule you must:
  • have been employed by your employer for a continuous period of at least 26 weeks into the qualifying week
The qualifying week is:
  • the 15th week before the week in which the baby is due
This period must include:
  • at least one day's employment in the qualifying week
I read this as you need to have been employed for 6.5 months by the time you are in week 25 of pregnancy. If I am right I don't think you'll qualify for SMP with the new job hun!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTa...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018741

Hi, just to chip in and let you know I went for a new job when I was 12-14 weeks pregnant, I never mentioned it and kept it hidden until 22 weeks or so. I just worked my guts out then when I told them no one was mad - well my bosses were fine with it, some co-workers may have made some comments but I never heard any of it. I got lots of support so I think as long as you work hard and are good at your job they won't mind too much!

You won't be entitled to maternity pay, I get maternity allowance from government which is about the same anyway as I used my best payslips from months before and new job is part time so both equal about £500 a month. It's like being on maternity leave at full pay for 39 weeks for me :)

Good luck with everything xxx

Yes I get maternity allowance too which is same amount as SMP anyway. I started my new job at 18 weeks pregnant, I interviewed when I was 5 weeks pregnant and didn't tell them, but it was such a long process getting to start the job that when I actually started I told my boss straight away I was pregnant and they were fine with it!! Xx

i got my bfp 2 weeks before i started my new job in october.
i told them in december at 14 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back