new job while preggers

suzzi

Reaction score
im in a bit of a muddle, i work for the local authority, education based, and have applied for a job at another school still with the local authority so my years of service carry on.

my problem is my current work dont know im pregnant yet (until ive had my scan monday) regarding new job does anyone know if i have to tell them im pregnant at the interview and if i dont tell them until they offer me job can they withdraw it.

hope this makes sence xx

Don't think you have to say anything to an employer until your 25 weeks, I new job is probably different though as they will need maternity cover put in place. I would avoid the subject unless they ask you a question such as if you know of any reason you cant carry your full duties out for X amount of time, if you know what I mean. Be honest if they ask certain questions but don't volunteer the info. I dont think they can ask you if your pregnant outright. I wouldn't think they can take the job away from you after giving you it unless you blatantly lie in the interview. Not sure if you will be covered for maternity pay as I think it 26 weeks in a job to get it but this might not make any difference as you already been working for the same authority. You can always say you didn't know you were pregnant when you had the interview! It's not uncommon to be 4 months pregnant before finding out!

thanks for that x think ill go for it even if its just for experience of interviews for future jobs will see how things pan out x sods law that its perfect job at wrong time lol x x

It's always the same! Yeah def worth going you won't lose anything and you never know might work out, I've heard of women getting jobs pregnant, you could be the person they want and are prepared to accept the maternity leave. Good luck for the interview x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back