Stopping aspirin

simmy89

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been taking aspirin for most f my pregnancy as my autoimmune condition puts me at higher risk of pre-eclampsia. I'm 38+6 weeks along and I'm getting induced a week tomorrow- eek! Can't wait to meet my little girl. Just wondering if anyone else who has been taking aspirin knows when/if you are supposed to stop taking it? I had my last consultant appointment a couple of weeks ago and he didn't mention anything so maybe I should keep taking it, but as it's a blood thinner I was wondering if he just forgot and I should stop before I'm induced to try and avoid too much blood loss during labour?

Thanks!xx

I'm on aspirin and they told me to keep taking it throughout x you stop clexane injections a few weeks before but the aspirin I've been told so far that I should take throughout. (And in my case even after the birth seems like I may be on it for life now :( )

I've also not been told when (or if) to stop but I'm only 32 weeks and will ask at my next appointment. Can you ring your midwife and check what they would like you to do?

Saw my midwife today and she said all fine to continue with the aspirin until I go into labour. She said its a different case with the injections, so anyone on those make sure you check xx

Im almost 41 weeks and dr told me could stop taking asprin last week

I thought you had to stop aspirin before birth because it thins your blood which would mean extra blood loss when having baby?
My dr said take until after but my mom was on it and they told her to stop at 34-36 weeks.. xx

Last edited:
I questioned that pb. But it's not true. It does thin the blood etc but and you will bleed a bit more but nothing to worry about apparently. And it takes upto 6 weeks to leave your system as well I think I read. I think it depends on why you're taking it. I'm on low dose aspirin now for the rest of my life I believe x

Oh ok, cos my midwife said she didn't know when I was supposed to stop lol.
Also has anyone had low blood pressure while taking it? I have a low blood pressure she was was OK but said when I feel faint it probably drops really low. Told me to up salt, but all I was eating was takeaway and crisps until about 10 weeks so that's plenty of salt! So I just assume it was the aspirin lol

Hi PeanutButter, I have always had slightly low bp, luckily it hasn't got worse whilst I have been taking aspirin!

Same with me. I've had low BP normally. Actually at the moment my BP has gone up to "normal" now. I too have been told to up my salt (pre pregnancy) i get massive salt cravings though. But every now and then I would have the urge to like raw salt usually when I was feeling a bit off.

I'm on aspirin again first time was told to stop at 36 weeks but. Ow been told to take it until labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back