Still taking paracetemol & ibuprofen almost 4 weeks after birth.. Normal??

lrb

Reaction score
Im still very much needing to keep taking pain relief, I'm very sore but obviously not as sore as the first week. Is this normal? Anyone here in the same boat?? I was cut so stitches were sore, pretty much healed, well I thought, but still painful so can't be!? Any advice?
Thanks x

Yes totally normal, I was in agony for around 7 weeks after my first.

xxxxxxxx

I was eating painkillers like candy, thankfully i had prescription stuff. I Think i stopped around 4 weeks. Stitches do get better, i used a drop of tea tree oil and i swear by it helping with the stitches. Just put a drop in a jug of water and pour after you have been to the loo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If its really bothering you hun go to the docs I wasnt healed until around 16weeks I had an infection and they gave me some really strong tablets.

Not saying you have an infection, but don't wait so long to go to the doctors.

X

Apologies for any typos!

im stilll on both but not as many as the first few weeks, was cut and tore badlly too

I had stitches that got infected and I was on painkillers until at least 6 weeks, paracetemol and diclofenac. The dr gave me diclofenac instead of ibuprofen as I was counting down minutes till I could have more painkillers, so if you're not happy def go back to dr x

Tea tree drops in a bath, twice a day! Thats what I've been doing as I had a 2nd degree tear! But it seems to be healing pretty quickly. I was up and about away into Asda and stuff when she was only 2 days old! So I really do recommend it!

Oh and arnica tablets! They work a treat for the bruising also!

Hope it helps! Xxx

Tea tree on your pad helps too. I swear that has helped mine heal and mine were infected.

I don't get pain with mine really though so I'm lucky I think. Not taken any painkillers for a while now.

ordered some tea tree yesterday...fingers crossed it will be here tomorrow xx

try to take regular bath with hot water and add bit of detol, trust me it works. After each visit to ladies room instead washing off with just water add detol antiseptic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back