aches & pains after labour

lindseylou

Reaction score
Hi

I gave birth to my daughter 4 weeks ago and had to go into theatre after labour as they cut me, i tore in another place and had ragged membranes??? Was feeling much better but am still bleeding very little and lots of discharge (sorry TMI) and all of a sudden feel very sore again like I have been kicked between the legs so standing and sitting very uncomfortable.

Has anyone experienced the same thing or should I be worried about infection? (I was on antibiotics for a week after) Don't really want to have to go to docs if its nothing, sick of everyone having a poke down there :oops:

If you are worried then I would go back to the doctors.

Hope you feel better soon

could possibly be an infection :think: but i was sore for about 4 weeks after having my son. i had a second degree tear and suffered very badly from swelling after which was VERY uncomfortable. I no its a pain but its prob best to get it checked out, if it is an infection you dont want it to get worse

Hi Lindsey,
Sounds like you've been through a very similar experience to me. I ended up in theatre because of retained bits of placenta membrane and a tear. My bleeding keeps stopping, then I get a bit of a crampy tum and it starts up again. Also sometimes it feels absolutely fine-next to no soreness, then at other times it feels like someone has kicked me very hard between the legs and I feel so sore and bruised down there again. I find having a shower and spraying myself with warm water for a while really helps!
It's just about 3 weeks since I gave birth now and I asked midwife and she says it's likely just things healing up. Said to contact doctor though if discharge is smelly.
Hope you feel better soon,
S x

If it was getting better but is now getting worse then I would say you have an infection.
Get it looked at asap hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have you been taking baths? I was told to take a sitz bath (shallow) with sea salt (I also added chamomile tea because it is soothing and smells nice without harsh chemicals), and once I started doing that I healed a lot faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back