Ouch ouch ouch

Mamafy

Reaction score
I was taking hot ashes outside and of course with the light wind they blew around :roll: Mostly in my face :wall2:

Some has went in my eye and it's so sore :( I've tried cold eye bath, warm eye bath, optrex etc It still kills and I can't see anything in it, it feels like theres something there but I can't see anything.

Any nurses with any tips or anyone really who can give me any tips to make this less sore :(

It's at the pain level of needing to take paracetamol and Ibuprofen together :wall: and that hasn't worked as yet

:help:

Oh my goodness that sounds so painful! Not sure what you can do other than lots and lots of washing just to make sure there's nothing still in there - have you got a squirty bottle you can use? x

Oh no :( I also have no idea what to suggest but :hug: and I hope you find something that works soon xx

Just found this advice to someone who burnt his eye while welding...

Warm or cool compresses to the closed eye (warm or cool washrags). Avoiding bright lights, sunglasses, hat, over the counter pain medication. If no improvement is seen in 24 hrs you need to see a physician. If improvement is seen it will probably be 3-7 days before they feel normal.

i've just asked my mum whos an optician, she says if you have tried the eye baths and nothing then u shud go to a&a hun....sorry to sound dramatic. But hot ashes in ur eyes not good :( but my mum says go to prevent any further damage as u dont no whats stuck to ur eyeball.

hope u feel better soon :) xx

Thanks girls :hug:

I'm currently sat with an eye mask over it and holding it shut and it gives abit of relief,

I'll hold out till the morning and see how it is, painkillers didn't do squat :( and hubby has had a good rummage round it and can't see anything other than a little burn to the corner of the outside of my eye :wall:

Thanks guys for all your help :kiss:

The covering it and holding it is easing it :)

I look a right sketch :rofl: prepare for typo's :lol:

Owch! Sorry to hear about that; you are very brave, I would have been straight down to A&E - make sure you get down there if its no better tomorrow, your sight is so precious xx

can u see out of it yet?? xx

I could always see out of it, I read my post back and it sounded like I couldn't see out of it :rofl: What I meant was when I looked in the mirror I couldn't see anything in it :lol:

No my vision is fine, thanks hun for asking your mum :hug:

Silly irish people :lolly:

Although yikes on a serious note *belated hugs*

Wow you are getting soft in your old age :mamafy:!!!

I missed THIS post as well! Hope your eye is better, Mamafy....:hug:

Wow you are getting soft in your old age :mamafy:!!!

:lol: You know given a more 'private setting' I'd reply with a 2 word phrase :rofl: but as it's here I shall only say Yes I am :flower:

:rofl:

Last edited:
All better now hun, thanks :)

The day it swelled up my brother came round, took one look and said he'd ring his ex (her bf is an optician, I never knew :D) So she told me to put a cold flannel on it and hold it on for a few hours. the swelling went, took the flannel off and it came back :eh: But I went to bed that night and held it with an eye patch and it's been right as rain since :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back