Anyone had a water birth???

noodle1

Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

I am thinking about having having a water birth but don't really know too much about it. It looks so much more calm and peaceful. Has anyone had one who could give me any advice? And what about pain relief, can you have the same stuff when having a water birth?

:doh: :think:

Would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks!!

Nikki x

i havent had a water birth but i want one
being induced 2mz so if i manage to have 1 ill let u no

i no that u cant have pethedine or an epidural if ur in water,
i think its just gas n air u can have but the water is a pain relief on its own :D

Thanks for that chaelihol and hope it all goes well for you tomorrow - bet you're excited!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Nikki x

Hi,

didn't have baby in water but used birthing pool as pain relief with first baby.
You can only have gas and air in water if you want pethidine or epidural then you have to come out obviously.

I found it really good in early stages of labour but with first needed pethidine in later stages of labour so came out.

Good luck

i didnt have my second in the pool but i also used it as pain releif, but if id have stayed in there for a little while longer i could of had her in there, it was so lovley in the pool and that was the only pain releif i had through my whole labour!!!

I have had 2 water births and given birth in the water with both of them which i found really nice and relaxed, even though you have to make do with just gas and air i found i could cope just about being in the water as the warmness of the water also helps to take the edge off the pain... i plan to have this baby in water too, it is a really nice experience to bring your baby up from the bottom of the pool and sit and cuddle in the warm water for a while after, and the water makes a much calmer way into the world for baby, my 1st was born on a bed and it was horrid i hated everything about it and had every drug going, the water makes such a difference and i can recommended it 100%. :D

Paula+bump said:
I have had 2 water births and given birth in the water with both of them which i found really nice and relaxed, even though you have to make do with just gas and air i found i could cope just about being in the water as the warmness of the water also helps to take the edge off the pain... i plan to have this baby in water too, it is a really nice experience to bring your baby up from the bottom of the pool and sit and cuddle in the warm water for a while after, and the water makes a much calmer way into the world for baby, my 1st was born on a bed and it was horrid i hated everything about it and had every drug going, the water makes such a difference and i can recommended it 100%. :D

fabulous fabulous fabulous!
thanku!

:D No problem trixipaws, it's the way to go for sure makes birth less painful in water it really does take the edge off the pain, and is a REALLY lovely experience, my hubby to be came in there with me and splash water over my back and cuddled me which was really nice, and i just hung over the edge and had some gas and air when it got a bit to much and managed with just gas and air both times i gave birth in water :cheer:

Hope you get to have your water birth and i know you wont regret it :D

I planned a water birth with Ellis but the pool was broken, but now I have been through labour I dont think i could cope in the water and I am having an Epidural as soon as I feel a twinge!!! hehe xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back