Still no temp rise

Amber8

Reaction score
Well I'm very confused, got a + opk on 24th & 25th but my temp still hasn't risen. In fact it's dropped today.

I'm pretty gutted as I thought this might finally be my turn to get my bfp in the new year.

How can I have + opk & no temp rise?

Perhaps your temp taking has been effected by something (have you changed thermometers batteries?) so isn't showing the true picture? Do you normally get a temperature rise? How long have you been testing bbt? Are you sure you're doing it correctly? A + opk only shows that you had a surge in LH, but perhaps you didn't release an egg this month? Don't want to stress you, but apparently that can happen.... If it's just this month then I wouldn't worry too much, even tho it's upsetting and frustrating, but if it keeps on happening, you should def tell your doc... Good luck hon and sending you hugs :hugs:xx

Not changed anything with my thermomitor & I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, being doing it for 5 months. I had another +opk yesterday so I think my body must be trying.

It's frustrating. X

Sorry to hear that :( Must be very difficult for you not knowing what's going on... It may still happen... Fx for you hon xx

Itsbabytime no I don't because mine is a booklet I use at home. I've now had 5 days of + opk & temp hasn't risen yet.

I used to temp but I had a dip when I look at the month I got a bfp last year so I'm i think it was down to some sleepless nights. Have you Been feeling off this month? What opk are you using? I'd say if you have had a clear opk positive don't be too disheartened with the temping for this month, it will play on your mind. Do you have regular cycles? X

i really recommend you use software. fertility friend and TCOYF are both free and make it soooo much easier.
im thinking:

one - are you being EXTREMELY consistent and following the rules of temp taking? ie http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/

two - i once had 5 days of pos opks before i ov'd so dont panic. if the ovary is ready to release an egg but doesnt it can try again the next day, a week later, a fortnight later!

three - is this your first month charting and do you have regular cycles?

Sunbeam I think it's the one step tests I've been using & no I have been feeling normal this month. I have today had a neg opk so I'm hoping I get a temp rise tomorrow.

Itisbabytime, yes I am v consistent & follow all the rules. Take it at the same time every morning, make a note if I've had a drink or taken it slightly late for any reason.
I've been charting for 5 months but only this month have used opk, my cycles are not regular which is why I decided to start charting. I thought it would help me see if I was ovulating & so pleased I did.

if u have identified ovulation from temp shifts in previous charts i would blame the opks. i have used these onestep ones before and find them useless. even when i was getting positives on CB digis and on first responce opks, the onesteps were saying negative and sometimes even vice versa!!

That's interesting, slightly worrying though I hope my pos results were correct. Tempted to go buy some from Boots now to check.

i completely trust first repsonce ones. they have always been exact and matched exactly to my temp shift after ov confirming they are correct.

Well they were correct as I've now had my temp shift, so fx now for my bfp this month! X

Well they were correct as I've now had my temp shift, so fx now for my bfp this month! X

That's great! I've had my temp shift today too I think, so we're both in 2ww now... When you planning to test? I think my date will be 20th Jan as my cycles are a bit irregular... x

Well I'm abit stuck really with when to test, I'm due to have an operation on the 13th do I'm going to ask if they'll do a blood test to check, as a urine test won't show that early.

Fx for us both x

Well I'm abit stuck really with when to test, I'm due to have an operation on the 13th do I'm going to ask if they'll do a blood test to check, as a urine test won't show that early.

Fx for us both x

Oh yes, of course, now I remember your post from yesterday.... Perhaps you could phone the hospital beforehand and ask if they will do that for you. Might put your mind at rest.... x

Hey ladies. :)

Glad all our temp shifts have happened.

I'm 3dpo so we are all quite close together. :)

Hey ladies. :)

Glad all our temp shifts have happened.

I'm 3dpo so we are all quite close together. :)

Glad to have some company in the 2ww - seems like an age! When do you plan to test cupcake mummy (love your screen name by the way!) :) xx

Awwww. Thank you.

I love cupcakes!!! (+ want to be a mummy. Lol)

Well in an ideal world I'll be super patient and wait until a week on Saturday so that'll be 12dpo I think.

But I know once the weekend is over time will start to drag and I'll probably crack around 8dpo as normal :(

How about you babes?

Awwww. Thank you.

I love cupcakes!!! (+ want to be a mummy. Lol)

Well in an ideal world I'll be super patient and wait until a week on Saturday so that'll be 12dpo I think.

But I know once the weekend is over time will start to drag and I'll probably crack around 8dpo as normal :(

How about you babes?

Cupcakemummy - Haha - yeah, I see the logic :D I'm really going to try and hold out til next Friday (20th) when af is due as I've read about chemical pg's and am terrified that will happen. I don't know if I could cope with that... How long you been ttc? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back