How long after O is your temp rise?

CupcakeMummy

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain I O'd yesterday - pain stopped, negative OPK, EWCM in morning but pretty much gone by bedtime.

It's my first month temping so was hoping for a rise this morning - nothing. :-(

Can it take over 24 hours to rise?

Thinking maybe I O'd yesterday morning rather than overnight like I assumed. Xx

Hiya hon, I'm new to temping too, but have this book called 'Taking Charge of your fertility' and there are a number of different ways the temperature can rise after ov. Can't explain them all here as would take too long, but I'll give you the names and you can google them:

Temperature dip before rise
Stair step pattern of temperature rise
Slow rise pattern (maybe you have this??)
Fall Back pattern

Also, just so you're aware, the book talks about the fact that some woman may not have a thermal shift but that doesn't mean they haven't ov'd and that some temperature rises aren't obvious, so I guess everyone is different...

I'm just about to ov myself, so I'll let you know if/when I get my shift soon and I'd be curious to know about yours too...

Hope this has helped a bit anyway :) xx

Thanks CeeBee :) that really helpful.

Look forward to hearing how you get on. Fx I have a rise tomorrow.

My boobs normally start hurting a couple of days after ov so I know the progesterone is there. Maybe mine just takes a while to kick in - I hope that's not a bad thing!!!

This is my second month charting and I am still confused :) I didn't have a big dip this month before my temp rise but today my temp has dropped to cover line :/ will see if it climbs again tomorrow as I am only 5 dpo.

Good luck with your charting :)

Thanks CeeBee :) that really helpful.

Look forward to hearing how you get on. Fx I have a rise tomorrow.

My boobs normally start hurting a couple of days after ov so I know the progesterone is there. Maybe mine just takes a while to kick in - I hope that's not a bad thing!!!

Fx for you too - don't think it's a bad thing, just everyone is different... As long as you are o'ving and your luteal phase is 10 days or longer you should be fine (Luteal phase is days past ov until your af starts)

Janey - this book I've got says not everyone gets a dip before ov and I think it can go up and down, so it's just the overall trend you're looking for. Are you both using Fertility Friend to chart - it seems really good so far and makes life easy : ) FF also says this (and have lots of other info too) about temping:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Temperature-Rise-and-Ovulation.html

Good luck to you both too :) xx

I'm sure I ov'd on CD14 as had ov pain, I was charting and doing opk's. I had my temp rise on CD16 and FF friend said I ov'd on CD15. But I think it assumes that your temp rises is the day after ov but I have read online that it can take a day or two for you progestorone levels to get high enough to raise your temp. I still think I ov'd on CD14 x x

Last edited:
You have to go to your chart and click the 'share' box babe.

That's just the main page that takes you to your own chart. X

Ceebee - i ahve that book too and it is FANTASTIC!! can i ask why are you not using the free tcoyf software on the web? i started with FF but didnt like it too much and haev found TCOYF way more interactive, accurate and user friendly.

Ceebee - i ahve that book too and it is FANTASTIC!! can i ask why are you not using the free tcoyf software on the web? i started with FF but didnt like it too much and haev found TCOYF way more interactive, accurate and user friendly.

Yeah, it is a great book :) Actually got it for Xmas, so had already started using FF before that. Will check out TCOYF website but will keep on using FF for now - can't bare the thought of having to re-enter all that data at the moment! Thanks for the heads up tho :)

You have to go to your chart and click the 'share' box babe.

That's just the main page that takes you to your own chart. X

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3968e5/">My Ovulation Chart
Is this better?? xx

Last edited:
Went up today. So I'm guessing I OVd Monday afternoon or so and it just took me 24 hours at least to have the temp rise.

FF will of course think I OVd yesterday though.

In either case we BDd Sun, Mon, Tue so we have hopefully got it covered.

Glad you got your temp rise today hun :) fx you caught your egg :dust: x x

Went up today. So I'm guessing I OVd Monday afternoon or so and it just took me 24 hours at least to have the temp rise.

FF will of course think I OVd yesterday though.

In either case we BDd Sun, Mon, Tue so we have hopefully got it covered.

Great news! I hope to get my temp rise soon too... Fx crossed for you :)

Hiya cupcakemummy :) Yeah temps are looking good, but am still spotting quite a bit, which I don't think is a good sign. Will have to see gp about it I think as all this spotting can't be helping my ttc chances - I mean there's gotta be nothing left for the little egg to stick on by now, I've spotted so much! :-(
So, not getting my hopes up this month... How you getting on? Your chart is looking pretty good too :) How you feeling about it all? xx

Hi cupcake just thought id share my temp chat with you

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/395643

Its told me today when i put my temp in that I must have ov'd on cd 11....but that was my first pos opk day. I feel i either ov'd on saturday (cd 12) or yesterday (cd 13)

Hope you have caught your egg...you too ceebee xxxx

I'm feeling OK. :)

I get spotting too. But only when I (tmi!) do a #2 and it's very thin and bright so I'm pretty certain it's just my cervix as I know some are prone to bleeding.

I have mentioned it to my GP before and he wasn't worried about it.

Feeling quite positive otherwise.

Little temp rise today, and some aching earlier, also a tiny bit of pinky brown in my CM which is very different to normal CM I get around this time.

I'm also weeing non-stop and super thirsty.

Only 7dpo though so as ever I'm sure it's all in my head!

Every month I think 'well at least next month there won't be any new symptoms"

But each month there is and each month BFN!!

Hi Bellarina. :)

Your charts looking good. But I'd agree that you O'd the day after the 2 +OPKs and not the day FF says.

Maybe see what your temps do for the next few days? If you have 3 that are all like today it might readjust for you. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back