Still can't hear it!

kedi376

Reaction score
I still can't hear the heartbeat on the doppler. I'm not freaking out (yet!) as I've seen bean but surely I should be able to hear it by now.

I'm putting it really low down, just above the pubic bone and wait until I need a pee so my bladder is full. But still nothing.

Anyone got any doppler tips?

I didmt until 16 weeks then it was no here as clear as 17/18 weeks so don't worry!

Tips would he a little pressure and tilt it, also plenty of oil or serum x

I found it best after a massive meal! And if you're lying down, make sure your legs are flat! xxx

my doppler used to pick up the hearbeat on the screen, but I couldnt hear it till a little bit later. Although cant remember exactly when but it was after 14 weeks.

now it picks it up nice and strong right under my belly button.

Thanks, I'm going to wait a few more days then try again. x

This is why I have decided against using one, I'd drive myself nuts with worry!!

xxxxxxxx

This is why I have decided against using one, I'd drive myself nuts with worry!!

xxxxxxxx

I'm not that worried, would just like to hear the heartbeat. Especially as OH couldn't come to my 12 weeks scan, I'd like for him to hear it too.

Persevere, hun. I struggled the other day at 19 weeks so LO must have been kicking about elsewhere! Try at different times of the day. Lie flat and use lots of gel/oil :) xxx

I'm not that worried, would just like to hear the heartbeat. Especially as OH couldn't come to my 12 weeks scan, I'd like for him to hear it too.

I'm not suggestiong you should be worried hun, just that Iam quite chilled out at the moment and if I had a doppler and couldn't find HB I'd probably worry for no reason (if that makes sense?)

xxxxxxxx

Persevere, hun. I struggled the other day at 19 weeks so LO must have been kicking about elsewhere! Try at different times of the day. Lie flat and use lots of gel/oil :) xxx

Maybe I'm not using enough gel.....I didn't want to make a mess!! haha!!

My other half got me one the other day... but it's pretty much crap lol On the box it says use from 21 weeks... but in the booklet it says 28 weeks onwards?! WTF? I could not find anything when i checked... i know he's ok in there (touch wood) as i had another scan the same day and can feel him moving... i just could not find a heartbeat!

I was 17 weeks before I could find the HB on mine. I got it at about 14 weeks so you can imagine my frustration & worry! This is why I don't like dopplers - they make you worry more than not! When I eventually found the HB I listened to it too much & the battery died ages ago & I haven't used it in weeks but feeling baby move is good for me xx

I was 17 weeks before I could find the HB on mine. I got it at about 14 weeks so you can imagine my frustration & worry! This is why I don't like dopplers - they make you worry more than not! When I eventually found the HB I listened to it too much & the battery died ages ago & I haven't used it in weeks but feeling baby move is good for me xx

Yeah I think once I can feel the baby I probably won't bother with it either. Will keep trying for now and see what happens. Got my 16 week MW appointment in a few weeks so maybe she will try and find it.

Yeah MW's dopplers are so much better - she found LO's HB at 11 weeks for me so you should by 16. They know exactly where to find it xx

Midwife told me they don't like to try to find baby's heart beat with even their dopplers before 16 weeks as it is offen very difficult to find and can cause unnecessary worry. But having said that I begged her to try at 13 weeks and she found it straight away .
The eariest I think I've heard it in previous pregnancy was about 7 weeks but I do think that is very unusual I was very lucky. xx

I was almost 18 weeks at my last mw appointment and when she found babies hb she said she would write down and mothers request as they are not really supposed to try. I was a little shocked by this x

I was almost 18 weeks at my last mw appointment and when she found babies hb she said she would write down and mothers request as they are not really supposed to try. I was a little shocked by this x

Really? I just assumed it was something they automatically did. When I went to my booking in appointment I could her here doing it and hear the heartbeat of the lady that was in before me. She was properly pregnant though, like only a couple of months to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back