Dopplers

Flame

Reaction score
Where abouts did you hear your baby's heart beat through your doppler.

I did it last night and he was very low down near my pelvic bone but before when the midwife did it he was just above my belly button where she said he should be.

Where should he be?

I wouldn't worry.

I'm sure that he is supposed to be around your tummy button but he could have moved position and is it def his heartbeat?

Could be placenta... try around a bit and see if you can hear it a little clearer and faster?

Don't worry, the normal place to listen in IS the pubic line, thats where the midwife always goes to aswell :hug:

Kirly - I tried moving around but it was the only place i could hear it, it definately wasnt my heart beat cause i could hear that faintly when i moved the doppler further up and it was a lot slower.

I'm not to worried cause i can feel him kicking me while he is down there to so i think he is ok, i just wondered if it was normal to still be that low down.

Sometimes I hear him really low down and sometimes its further up. Its the same with his kicking, it can be low or high.

I dont think you have any reason to worry unless you cant hear it at all :)

I tend to find the heartbeat just below my belly button and tilt the doppler either to the left or the right, then the little bugger moves around so it disappears :lol:

Cx

Don't worry about position. My baby moves all over the place and his heartbeat moves with it. Sometimes the doppler works on the right, sometimes on the left, sometimes up, sometimes down. Really depends on how your little one is lying. Listen out for a fast rate and keep trying. Like Charm says, sometimes it helps to tilt the doppler too.
Sometimes it helps to listen to your own heart with the doppler first so you know your own rate. Your placenta will be the same as your heart rate so that should help you work out whether you've got your baby's rate or your heart/placenta.
Good luck but don't worry about position!
Lucy

I know i have done nothing but moan in the last few posts i have made but i have just one more for now.

I just had a massive screaming arguement with my team leader and now i have belly ache and it feels odd. I wont have made my little man want to leave early will i? :cry:

Flame said:
I know i have done nothing but moan in the last few posts i have made but i have just one more for now.

I just had a massive screaming arguement with my team leader and now i have belly ache and it feels odd. I wont have made my little man want to leave early will i? :cry:

:hug: I very much doubt you've done any harm.

When I've been arguing with OH or whatever I sometimes think I've done some damage but they're tough little things, they have to be when their mummy has so many hormones flying round :lol:

phew thanks for that.
Think i might take a day off tomorrow if it still doesnt feel right.

Flame said:
phew thanks for that.
Think i might take a day off tomorrow if it still doesnt feel right.

Since becoming pregnant I've had absolutely terrible fights with Daniel and I get myself all worked up screaming and shouting. I always feel guilty afterwards that I shouldn't of got myself into that state but so far bubs is fine. Probably sick of me shouting but fine none the less :lol:

If you feel you need to take a day off you should. Arguing at work is the last thing you need. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

When I use the doppler its always down near the pubic line. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back