Doppler heartbeat

alfie

Reaction score
I keep trying to hear the heartbeat on my doppler, occasionally i get to hear it. I'm only 14 weeks so i guess its a bit early to catch it every time. When i do hear it, it is around 160. Does the "over 140 = girl" always apply or do some boys have fast hearts? Also is it faster because it's still early?

Does that make any sense???

Alfie

You wont be able to hear it properly untill you reach over 16 weeks, this is why midwifes dont listen till then..

i think its high cos its still early.. normal range is 130-147 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I heard mine from about 12 weeks - I think it can depend on where the baby is lying and how good the doppler is. I don't believe there's any truth in being able to tell the sex from the heartbeat - if the baby is moving about the heart will be beating faster, just like us xx

My mw told me the speed of the heartbeat is not relevant to the sex as it tends to slow down when baby is asleep and speed up when active. She also said that when it sounds like a train it means the cord is in front of the heart and when its the horses hooves that the heatbeat itself. We've been using the doppler since I was about 12 weeks and its brilliant for putting your mind at rest anytime we tried to let someone else have a listen tho baby hides :D

couldnt hear my babys till 23weeks but then im petite :)

omg anyone got this doppler im so tempted now lol

Hi Bebe, BT200 Sound, Fetal Doppler Hire like £16.95 per month which works out to be £101.70. basically u pay that rental for 6months then u get the rest 6months free and some money back and its yours to keep forever am i right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back