Staying with family: rant.

violet13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am currently exhausted like early newborn phase exhausted I've been staying at my mums this week with my son on my own with the hubs and I have had 0 help with bum changes or feeds or even to shower I've had literally no day to do anything and I'm really pissed off. Yes it's my mums grandchild but she shouldn't get to do all the nice bits all the time while I'm rushing about trying to pack his bag or change him. I tried to sort out his changing bag today before going out and all I got was "hurry up" while my son cried on my arms and I had to try and pack the bag....I'm fed up, I'm actually that tired I feel like I fell asleep in the car on the drive home and again tonight coming home all I've done is bottles and rush about she hasn't once offered help so I'm a bit pissed off anyone else in this boat ATM?
Xxx

Sorry you're having a tough time have you asked for help? Some people just need asking, is there any chance she's not stepping in as she might think you don't want her to? What I mean is some people might have the "I can manage" attitude, I know I do. If I need help I ask. How long are you there for?

I agree with el1en - have you asked for help? To be fair I wouldn't really expect anyone to be helping me apart from my hubby, although saying that you shouldn't be told to hurry up, it takes as long as it takes when babies are young - it's even worse with a toddler and a newborn!!

I did ask for help 3-4 times and got ignored. I'm going crazy, this will be the last time I stay at my mums for this reason and various others she's just doing my head in, she has a dog a small one and he's so badly behaved jumping at my face and at my son constantly won't leave us alone or settle and I told him off for nipping and my mum had a go at me for telling him off stating its her home and her dog....well I'm actually really beginning to lose my temper I can see me having a go at her today at some point...
Xxx

If it were me, I'd go back home and cut the visit short!

Well now my husband is being a bit of a dick too....I'm really upset but he just doesn't seem to give a toss urghhhhh

Hi how long are you there for? Could you just cut the visit short before a argument happens. It's very very hard having a newborn and it's hard when your finding your way. I'm sure you are exhausted so every little thing will make you stressed. Maybe she doesn't want to step on your toes or maybe she thinks you don't need help. Ask her to watch your son for a few hours and go for a walk to clear your head

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back