PND... Hope you dont mind me posting this in here...

So glad oh is giving u time to rest :D use this time well to just chill! NO HOUSEWORK madam!!! :lol: I know it's tempting.. But just put ur feet up :hug:
Noone in my family noticed either and my mum suffers from it too so you'd think she'd have been able to tell.. Suppose u learn how to hide it well :(
U know where we all are babe :hug:

So glad oh pulled his socks up !! Glad u got some rest too hope u feel better for it and have taken it easy today xxx

Glad you are feeling a bit better. I think sleep plays a big part with how I am feeling. The more tired I am the more my depression is exaggerated. I cant sleep on the day either but resting helps me catch up. The other thing to learn is that you are a great mum. That's judged by your child only. They think you are supernum because you love them, play with them, give them structure, security etc. they dont care how clean the house is. Whether every meal is homemade from scratch. Whether that birthday cake is homemade or shop bought. I have a friend who has never given her two year old daughter anything other than homemade food. But then she works two short days five mins from where she lives, her daughter sleeps 13-14 hours a night and naps for two hours. Before this maternity leave I worked thre and half days a week and two days a week wouldn't see my daughter as work long hours plus she only napped for 45 mins and has dropped that. I had to realise that I cant do it all. My main priority was bringing up a happy, confident and secure girl. As mothers we feel guilty for everything but I had to learn to accept she would eat ready meals (albeit organic children's ones), her birthday cake was bought from tesco and the house isn't spotless. It's taking me a long time but I was going to totally burn myself otherwise. I am trying to remember that the sane rule applies now back on mat leave again. Give yourself a break both mentally and physically even if it's just having a cup of tea.

Thats really good advice hun, thank you :) once again, I appreciate people sharing their stories and experiences; it reassures me I'm not alone! As you can most likely relate, when I get clear-headed advice like this you start thinking very logically. Like now I think Angel is happy, healthy and shes doing everything she should be etc shes just perfect :) so I must be doing something. Its just if something upsets I find it really hard to brush off and start again, instead I just assume I'm doing something wrong or I'm a bad mum etc :( I'm sure it'll take me a long time too but I'm determined to get there. Thanks again xx.

So glad oh is giving u time to rest :D use this time well to just chill! NO HOUSEWORK madam!!! :lol: I know it's tempting.. But just put ur feet up :hug:
Noone in my family noticed either and my mum suffers from it too so you'd think she'd have been able to tell.. Suppose u learn how to hide it well :(
U know where we all are babe :hug:

You'll be glad to hear I didnt touch the hoover, I just watched some tv. It was very tempting to do it but I didnt. I knew it would've upset OH. He did go out tonight in the end, hes told me to call if I need help or whatever and he said he'll come straight back. xx.

That's brilliant babe!! Enjoy ur time on ur own :) OHs can be more hard work than babies!!! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back