HOSPITAL BAGS

littlebump

Reaction score
Hello new mums!

I have read a few threads on what to pack for the hospital and wondered if you guys have any thoughts on what you took that was particularly useful / what you wished you had taken etc.

Also how soon did you pack your bag?

Hope you're all well & I love the 'funny baby photos' thread - your babies are sooooo cute!!

LBxx

I wish i took more food to nibble on!!! just small things like cereal bars, biscuits etc!

Working as a doula I am an expert on what you REALLY need in hospital, which isn't as much as you think. A few things I will advise that I have found invaluable over the years is:

A tennis ball for back massage (much cheaper than massage tools)
Pack of blu tak (to plug up overflow on a bath to have deeper bath if labouring in the bath due to birth pool not available)
Pack of straws (you need to drink but aren't always upright enough to drink from a cup properly)
CD of relaxing music (or 'bat out of hell' as one women I was with chose!!)
Lavender oil to dab on a tissue and put in the room somewhere for relaxation.
Bottle of rescue remedy.
Plenty of food and drink for you and your partner.
Flannel (or two) for mopping your brow!!
Glucose tablets.
Lip balm
Facial spray
Scrunchie (if you have long hair)
Warm socks as your feet can get cold in labour
camera!!

As well as all the usual nightware, knickers, maternity towels, towels (dark in colour) clean clothes, breast pads, feeding bra's, etc etc

The list has endless possibilities as you then of course have to pack for the baby.

The truth is that if you plan to go home soon after the birth you don't actually need very much. With my first baby I took in a suitcase full of stuff and used hardly any of it.

Hope the above list has been of some help.

Much love

Great tips Kerry - especially like the blu tac idea - I'm hoping to use the birth pool but as there is only one, the bath may be the only option available!

Thanks for the reply

LBxx

I took ARNICA homeopathy tablets for the bruising post partum, they certainly seemed to help.

Also took a flannel to wipe face as got very sweaty.

Could have done with a sports bottle to sip water out of, as gas and air really dried out my mouth.

i hadnt really thought about taking things in so i was caught out
i started giving birth in the middle of the night so all i took was myself, the baby and my pyjamas lol!
i wish i had took other stuff eg
food- i was starving after giving birth an i had to either starve or leave the baby an go down to the food place an grab something
baby stuff- i had to take nicole home in a hospital gown thing and a towel
camera- i still have no photos of her
a pram or wateva- i wasnt allowed to carry her inside the hospital so a buggy would have been easier
i cant really think of anything else so i hope i helped

luv mummy an nicole
xoxox

ps i just thought of something else
money- mum was out so i couldn't ring her on the payfone and i had no change as i was in my pajamas lol!
nappies- i had to use hospital reusables
bottles- i had to borrow some, i didnt want to breastfeed but she didnt want anythin 2 drink neway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back