Starting to wonder if I'm doing the right thing!

mrs_bump

Reaction score
I really wanted to do BLW with my LG who is now 6 and a half months. She doesn't seem to be taking much interest in the food, I have just tried her with broccoli, baby corn and a crumpet but she didn't even pick any up! I then tried her with an Ella's kitchen pouch I had in the cupboard for 'emergencies' and she ate half of it! Should I stick with BLW in the hope she will start to take more interest in the food as it's so disheartening to prepare all the food and then throw it away untouched or would it be better for her if I go down the puree route? Thanks for any advice xxx :-(

Now, im not an expert as only just starting this journey myself but ive decided to do a combination of BLW and TW. My LO is loving baby rice and banana and he also like to pick up foods such as carrot sticks, etc and put it in his mouth but pretty much all of it ends up on the floor. I also let him feed himself with a spoon for the last mouthful, its messy and is more him using it as a facemask and then gagging on the spoon, but its helping his coordination. Anyway, what im saying, is maybe try a combination and see how she goes. Sadly, from what i have seen with my nieces and nephews being weaned, it can be quite a messy and wasteful start until they find what they really like. Maybe give her something pureed so she can get used to the taste then go in with bits she can pick up. Im sure she'll get into the swing of it and it is early days yet!X

Now, im not an expert as only just starting this journey myself but ive decided to do a combination of BLW and TW. My LO is loving baby rice and banana and he also like to pick up foods such as carrot sticks, etc and put it in his mouth but pretty much all of it ends up on the floor. I also let him feed himself with a spoon for the last mouthful, its messy and is more him using it as a facemask and then gagging on the spoon, but its helping his coordination. Anyway, what im saying, is maybe try a combination and see how she goes. Sadly, from what i have seen with my nieces and nephews being weaned, it can be quite a messy and wasteful start until they find what they really like. Maybe give her something pureed so she can get used to the taste then go in with bits she can pick up. Im sure she'll get into the swing of it and it is early days yet!X

Glad you wrote this! This is exactly what were doing!! Xx

Tapping ;) x

I totally agree with the mixing of weaning methods. I am doing both! My little boy will be 7months next week.
He's on 3 meals a day, breakfast is usually spoon fed cereal. Weetabix, musli, porridge. Then try and give him some finger foods on his tray, some banana, toast and butter etc... Just to get him used to the motion of picking up foods and putting them to his mouth.
Then same for lunch and dinner. Sometimes I give him some finger foods 1st, see what he eats then give him a purée meal. Spoon fed. And I give him yoghurts and custards all spoon fed.
But he does love messing about on his try.
I have also introduced biscotti, organix carrot corn puffs, rice cakes, all are great to have on his tray to eat.
I love making him up purée's! And I love seeing him use his hands to eat... So it's a good mix!xxx

I have also given him a purée bowl of food and let him stick his hands in it :) he loves it and licks his fingers xx

Ha ha lolly!!! He needs and all I'm one plastic bib!!! Got B one today!!! X

Look at his wee innocent face!! X

Tapping ;) x

Omg love his wee face and the look that he gives you!!!! Whaaat? You gave me the bowl now you have to clean lol :)

I bought for Amelie some bibeta sleeves on bibs!! I am truly in love with them lol. Best thing after her pacifier lool :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361949835.279782.jpg its this one! Now I only need to wipe her face (or her hair too:shock:) instead of hosing her down ha ha.

He has a sort of cover up bib. But he hates bibs! He just pulls at them :( trying to get it off, and squirms about. It's a distraction at feeding time so sometimes it's easier just to have no bib...!!!!xx

Looking at your little man lolly makes me think look how pale Amelie looks:( roll on 6 m and proteins for some iron lol.

He looks like he's enjoying it that's the main thing!!!! X

Looking at your little man lolly makes me think look how pale Amelie looks:( roll on 6 m and proteins for some iron lol.

Aw :( Amelie is perfect! Have you thought about vitamin drops? If your worried? William is a little Scottish boy he's very white. Bless him..xx

He looks like he's enjoying it that's the main thing!!!! X

He did enjoy it. That was one of his faves. I will have to make it again. Hehe...!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361953506.640215.jpg

Here is another pic of him with some finger foods!
I really enjoy mixing TW and BLW :) xx

I'm doing a mix too, although I must admit i've been a bit slack on the finger food front this last week.

Cam loves his food and I'm really enjoying weaning too.

There's no reason why you have to stick to just one method or the other. Play about a bit and see what work for you and bubs.

XX

We are mixing them too or better day we do TW as finger foods are actually a part of TW it just comes a little later than with BLW :)
Lolly he makes me hungry only looking at him enjoying it that much lol!!

Aw! He's doing really well... I can see and feel a big difference in his weight the past couple of weeks! He's taking a stretch'

Haha... Totally hijacked this thread sorry!!xx

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! This photo made me cry laughing. Bless little W love him so much x

We're also doing a mix. T wasn't interested in finger foods either, so we tried purees, he did ok on those for about 10 days but now prefers BLW finger foods! :wall2: so I guess its trial and error, next week he'll be back to purees instead ha ha!

I spoon feed him first then give him finger foods after. I gave him some roasted veg tonight, thought he'd eaten 90% til I took him out his high chair and found most of it mashed down the side ha ha! cheeky monkey.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back