am i doing the right thing?

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hi all, Just want your opinions really...

At bed time we have always waited until amber fell asleep downstairs then take her up to bed but i thought because these times always varied we needed a propor time so last few nights i have been putting her to bed by 8.....and crossing my fingers she would get herself to sleep.

It has been hard when she is crying but i leave her for 5 minutes then go back in and put her dummy back in and i have not been picking her up. It is taking her about 45 mins to an hour to get herself to sleep.....

as she gets used to it will this time get shorter? I do want to get her in bed by 7 as i go back to work in march and i will need her to have breakfast before i go out in the mornin and at the mnute she s waking at 8.30 in the morning. SHall i put her to bed 10 mins earlier each night and stagger it that way??

It might be worth waking her at 7.0am in the morning to reset her bodyclock, I was going to do this with Maisie this morning as she has no daily routine at all as she is still feeding in the night!!! but she woke up on her own at the right time.

She always goes to sleep well and normally by 7.00pm, I rock her in my arms tell her it is bo-boze (sp?) time and she goes to sleep. I am now trying to teach her to fall asleep on her own and just rub her tummy and that calms her down, give her a dummy and leave the room again. This has worked all day but I don't know if she will go to sleep at night like this as she is used to being rocked.

I find the only time I struggle to get her to sleep is if she becomes really overtired so another trick is to get them to bed before this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back