Starting to doubt finding out the sex..

Good for you. All my work colleagues are loving playing the guessing game!!! And the thrill of my husband telling me what we've had when baby arrives will be just fab....

I didn't find out my first, I had the option with my second, so we found out, (practical reasons as boys were sharing a room) - Then found out with my daughter, but then doubted it all the way to birth anyway! I remember the lovely surprise having my first - brilliant it was ! - So I wanted to stay team yellow on my last pregnancy, but after 3 prev babies, we were too used to knowing what we were looking at on the scan screen, and saw it was a boy, she didn't say, but gave us the option of writing it down in a sealed envelope, so you cold do that , but you'd have to give it to someone else to lock away incase you needed to know, as we lasted 10 minutes!! It is nice to name them, but has no effect on bonding, unless youve had 5 boys and desperate for a girl and want to prepare yourself not to be disapointed on the d-day!

Hello, Just looking for your opinions really. :)

From the start of this pregnancy i've been desperate to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. Now i'm getting closer to my 20wk scan in 4 weeks i'm actually starting to doubt if i want to know.

On one hand i want to start calling the baby by it's name and feel prepared buying things in the right colours etc...
Now i've started thinking but actually wouldn't it be such a lovely thing to wait and find out when the babys born.

My OH isn't really fussed either way, he says it's up to me.. My family are pretty torn some think i should find out some not..

Know i have a month to decide just wandered what you had all based your decision to find out/not on? & if you've had other children do you regret finding out etc.. .

x

It's so funny you should post this!

I have always wanted to find out the sex of my LO even before falling pregnant. But lately I am debating on it! my 20 weeks scan isnt until 27th March but I keep weighing up the pros and cons of finding out. I dont mind what we have tbh because it doesnt matter aslong he/she is healthy and happy :)

We will be sticking to neutral colours anyway whether we find out or not so kind of makes me think whats point?

The reason I wanted to find out was so I could call peanut by their name, but I know either way I will still bond with him/her while I am carrying him/her.

I just don't know anymore. I think my OH doesnt mind either way again aslong he/she is healthy.

xx

Hello, Just looking for your opinions really. :)

From the start of this pregnancy i've been desperate to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. Now i'm getting closer to my 20wk scan in 4 weeks i'm actually starting to doubt if i want to know.

On one hand i want to start calling the baby by it's name and feel prepared buying things in the right colours etc...
Now i've started thinking but actually wouldn't it be such a lovely thing to wait and find out when the babys born.

My OH isn't really fussed either way, he says it's up to me.. My family are pretty torn some think i should find out some not..

Know i have a month to decide just wandered what you had all based your decision to find out/not on? & if you've had other children do you regret finding out etc.. .

x

It's so funny you should post this!

I have always wanted to find out the sex of my LO even before falling pregnant. But lately I am debating on it! my 20 weeks scan isnt until 27th March but I keep weighing up the pros and cons of finding out. I dont mind what we have tbh because it doesnt matter aslong he/she is healthy and happy :)

We will be sticking to neutral colours anyway whether we find out or not so kind of makes me think whats point?

The reason I wanted to find out was so I could call peanut by their name, but I know either way I will still bond with him/her while I am carrying him/her.

I just don't know anymore. I think my OH doesnt mind either way again aslong he/she is healthy.

xx

That was exactly my situation and thinking. I think its worth waiting! xx

Plus i have already chosen the names me and my OH want so I cant use that as an excuse of preparing lol xx

When I found out I was pregnant I had to find out the babies sex asap!

I have just recently baught a house and am going to be doing up the nursery and I personally like the pinks/blues in a nursery so that was a big reason I found out so I could be orginised! :)

Unisex stuff I dont find is as pretty as little girls or boys clothes/prams and I was soo desperate to buy baby clothes and get my pram and baby furniture so for that reason it is good finding out as I am more orginised!

I admire the people who stay team yellow as a little surprise would be lovely and telling your family friends the sex when the baby arrives would be nice but unfortunatly i dont have the patience! :p xx

I too didnt think i would have the patience and yeah i understand women saying the neutral colours are boring etc.

I have already decorated my babies bedroom, we have gone a light yellow, with a cream border link attached:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...anges/I-Love-My-Bear-Wallpaper-Border(0012079)

Also I am petrified that they may get wrong! i know its rare but it can happen. I think i am probably telling myself now that i dont want to find out!

Personally i dont like surprises but, i think when i finally go into child birth and we all know it aint going to be easy, maybe the fact we dont know the sex will help me get through it because we will want to know :)

We already have names anyways

Elizabeth Rose
Callum Marshall

But everyone calls my LO bump or peanut so we can all bond with this little person growing inside me :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back