Spotty skin advice

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
My face is an embarrassment! I've never had spots in my life but about 8 months ago I started getting flat red small spots on my cheeks. They had no heads on them and you couldn't feel them to touch.
Since being pregnant its got worse and worse. My whole face is red with little spots that you can see and feel, again no heads, like adult acne!
I'm destroyed! It's like they've all joined up and my whole face is red!
I've tried clearasil face scrub and neutrogena visibly clear wipes, no improvement.
Can anyone offer any help before I give in and visit the dr?? x

I feel your pain, my skin gas been terrible throughout ! Didn't get no 'glow' Grrrr!!
I use tea tree products from body shop usually, not sure if ok in pg , but the mask, wash and cleanser are amazing!!

ive been using the boots essentials cucumber range and my face has got alot better xxx

When I went to the GP about my skin he recommended washing my face with an antibacterial soap like Carex, it didn't totally clear them up but did help a little.

He also prescribed me a gel/cream to use but I find it makes it worse so I haven't used it recently.

Last edited:
Great, I'll try that, the clearasil scrub has done nothing x

Have you been using the same product for a while? I used Johnson's Clean and Clear Black Head Remover for years and eventually my skin decided it had enough of it and flared up everytime I used it.

Hi I'm a health and beauty therapist and this might sound ridiculous but it works... Invest in a mild facial scrub like simple, use yoghourt as a mask and nappy rash creamxxx

I had terrible skin for pretty much my whole life till I started using Soap & Glory range from boots.

I use the face scrub every day (its like a green colour with pink balls in it), the face mask twice a week, their night moisturiser is really good too. (I pretty much have the whole range .. love it!)

I stopped wearing foundation during the day and switched to a good tinted moisturiser (oil of olay), and clean your face every night before bed (I attribute my clear skin to this mostly), I only wear foundation on a night out or special occassion now, and make sure I take it off really well as soon as I get home.

I allow myself make up free days as often as possible, as I accept my skin cannot handle make up as well as some people.

Hope this helps xx

Have you been using the same product for a while? I used Johnson's Clean and Clear Black Head Remover for years and eventually my skin decided it had enough of it and flared up everytime I used it.

No, I normally just use whatever tone and cleanse is on sale at asda ans oil of Olay day moisturiser.
I've never looked like this! x

Hi I'm a health and beauty therapist and this might sound ridiculous but it works... Invest in a mild facial scrub like simple, use yoghourt as a mask and nappy rash creamxxx

Natural yoghurt? x

Oh tweety, I couldn't not wear foundation at the moment, my skin is far too embarrassing :( x

I like witch foaming face wash, its effective but not harsh..:)

Xx

I thankfully got the pregnancy glow from the first week :shock: but I was wondering if you are sure it's acne and not an allergic reaction or irritation? Is it itchy?
I sometimes get what you describe, and got it twice since pregnant and I am so sore and dry and itchy. Mine clears up with tiny amounts of hydrocortisone cream and some antihistamine cream helps too.
During the winter here ( in Norway) I use nth else on my face than water and a moisturizer cream as if I use any soap, scrub etc my face dries like crazy from the wind and cold. I am so desperate because of that that some nights I have to shower without even washing my whole face :shock: :shock: everything goes back to normal at summer time lol and I can finally clean my face properly :)

I was also going to say it sounds more like an allergy. Might be worth visiting your GP and see what they think?

Oh tweety, I couldn't not wear foundation at the moment, my skin is far too embarrassing :( x

Thing is you will just be making it worse, its a catch22 situation.

Maybe do it when you are at home, or off work, just to give your skin a break? Make sure you are taking it off really well, as soon as you don't need it on your face

Cosmic, I'm very prone to spots since being pregnant and also since
then not being pregnant again and my hormones are all over the place since having been sterilised, causing teanage face!!! stupid at the grand old age of 38!

I was using clean and clear, and acmtually it's too harsh for my skin, causing more probs!
So I changed to Simple Spotless skin Triple action face wash (zinc and camomile goodness) and also it's matching moisturiser called Simple spotless skin antiblemish moisturiser (zinc and camomile goodness)
Its lime grean and white tubes, really good value from Superdrug and , it says on the tubes results from day one, and it is true!

A week on , and my skin is really getting very good, and never oily to touch! Really recomend you try it

I use simple products too, they are so good for my skin! I would recommend them to anybody.

Someone also mentioned soap and glory before - that's another brand I love x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks girls, great tips, I'll try to have no makeup on at home (but i dont like oh to see my spots :() and try simple x

I feel your pain Cosmic, since being pregnant my skin has been bad although my face (touch wood) seems to have cleared up quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. The top of my back is a different story, it's awful, I've never had spots on my back before. Sudocrem is quite good to use on spots if they are red and sore. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back