Outbreak of spots?

carpozijr

Reaction score
Hi, my baby is three weeks old tomorrow, and over the last three to four days has broken out quite badly on her face. It started with a few spots with white heads on each cheek, but now almost her whole face is bumpy and red, though not all spots have heads. Obviously I haven't touched them and have only been washing her face with cotton wool and water. She is breastfed. Any ideas as to what this may be, and whether or not I should have it checked out? I have heard of "milk spots" but I don't know if this is what it is. Many thanks in advance, Pamela.

Sounds identical to Maia's milk rash. She started with spots all over her cheecks and forehead they had white heads then they went all red and blotchy, then spread behind her ears. They made her skin quite dry like sand paper and now its very flakey. I have been using Calendula face cream and its improved loads but HV said not to use anything, but calendula is a natural product and seems to work for us. Its clearing up now but its taken 3 weeks or so.

Eva had this also at around 3 weeks, I was upset as she had such gorgeous perfect skin when she was born, I just left it alone put it down to hormones an it cleared up in a couple of weeks. As they dried up the skin was a bit dry and I used a little Avent Magic cream which did a lovely job on her cradle cappy eyebrows too! If you are worried check with your HV, but it sounds like the same thing to me :hug:

Hi, thanks so much for the replies - glad to hear it sounds relatively common and not anything to worry about. I know what you mean Clarey, as Stella's skin was perfect until 4 or 5 days ago too. I'll mention it to the HV but hopefully it will clear up shortly. Thanks again xxx

Angel had the same. It went into her hair, ears and neck. But my HV told me she still had my hormones, oestrogen i think she said. Few days and it had cleared completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back