Sperm results (results on page 2)

ScotchEgg

Reaction score
Eeek - it's sperm results day tomorrow

My main nerves are that when OH booked it he was told results were 3-5 days, but at the hospital they said 7-10 days. So we booked the doctor for a week after the sample went in, ages ago, but what if the results aren't here yet?!?!?!?!?! Takes about 2-3 weeks to get a docs appointment at our doctor's so we may be waiting a while (and I don't think we'd be able to blag an emergency appointment somehow)

Those thoughts have kept down the nerves about the results this weekend, although we're both a bit quiet.

Doctor at 9am. New doctor as the old one was young and got rotated on somewhere else. Who knows what tomorrow will bring...

Oooh good luck tomorrow scotch, hope u get good news xx

Good luck, if it's any help ours took 5 working days xx

I hope everything comes back fine :)

Maybe phone to check the results are in before attending?

I went in and collected a copy of my hubby's sperm results before i even saw the doctor - they are *your* records afterall ;)

Good luck Hun!

I reckon they will be back, they do the actual analysis within a couple of hours of receiving the sample.

Xx

:clover: hope all goes well scotch. will be thinking of you xxx

Well they had the results, they weren't great. I've got a print out to get honest feedback from you guys as I got an impression from the doc (another lovely man) that he was sugar coating things.

Will write them out later, on the train now with bad reception

Aw hun i only sawthis thread now. LouiseB is fab at reading results and stuff im sure she will give you her honest opinion. Dont let it get you down Eggy im sure it can be sorted Big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks all

Here they are then, really quickly as I'm at work now

Volume: 4ml
Density: 0.6million/mL
Count: 2.4million
Morphology (% normal): 5%
Rapid progressive: 7%
Slow progressive: 11%
Non progressive: 34%
Non motile: 48%

Please if anyone could tell me what this really means it'd really help

Thank you thank you thank you

Hi Scotch,

If i'm interpreting them correctly they are not too good, they are not terrible but it's looking like IVF or ICSI may be on the cards for you, gosh I feel bad telling you, were you expecting this because of OH's op, I hope you're ok hun, big :hugs:

Louise B will be of the most help to you, your results are similar but not as bad as her hubbys.

Sorry it's not better news Hun.

xx

Last edited:
To be honest I expected everything to come back fine and it all to be a bad dream.

Appreciate the honesty, heart breaking as it is. I still feel like a fraud coming into ltttc. I guess I don't feel like this can really be happening to us.

Ahh Hun don't be silly, were all here for you here in LTTTC, have you spoken to your GP?

Basically the total count is low, my hubbys is high but as a comparison his is 89 million per ml.

I'm no expert but I've done a lot of reading when I was trying to find out what was wrong with me, I think the positive lies in the fact that the morphology is not to bad at all a little bit lower than most normal people and the amount of rapid progressive, ie the super sperm swimming fast the right direction was is not too bad too.

I would say that the quality seems pretty good but it's the count that's very low, I don't think you would qualify for IUI but I may be wrong??

xx

Last edited:
Aww Scotch :hug:

Im sorry its not better news, did they suggest anything to improve the results? It can be done!

Dont feel like a fraud, yout TTC just like the rest of us, we all have our struggles and different journeys. We are all her for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back