SPEND SPEND SPEND...

Kim

Reaction score
Hi all

Is there anyone else who was kidding themselves when thinking about how much babies cost? I'm amazed how skint this little one is making me and she's not even born yet!!

Why does everything have to be so cute and force me to buy it?! :lol: :lol:

I haven't bought a single thing for this one yet!
Luckily we still have a cot and a pram etc from the last one so it feels a little bit cheaper this time round. Cos it's another boy we won't need as many clothes, but my first son was born in July and this on is due in November so we'll still need wintery 0-3 stuff!
I DID just get paid though...considering spending a bit now... I feel like I should buy nappies or something!

LOL Kim, I know what you mean. I was always "we'll only buy the basics etc" until I started shopping. The clothes are too cute and I love all the accessories. I went into Momas and Papas with my credit card like an idiot, but the cuddly toys were just too cute (the baby really did need a cow pyjama case - the fact that mummy collects cows is a coincidence)! Even on my lunchbreak I find myself popping into mothercare and browsing, even little hairbrushes and nappies are irresistable. But I tell myself its not really spending money as these are all "essential" for my little one x x x :D

And they don't get any cheaper. I've just been on the annual school uniform / shoe shop - £250 :cry:

Tracy xx

My SIL has five kids...this year "back to school" has cost her about a grand so far BEFORE books!

You guys over in the UK will have to start a Lotto syndicate! Wouldn't that be cool? I can see the headlines now! "MUMS TO BE HIT JACKPOT...WILL SPEND IT ALL ON NAPPIES!"

:shock:

Sue

I've started stocking up on a packet of nappies every time I go to Tescos, just so I have quite a few in! :lol:

But I also find myself buying an outfit everytime I go shopping, or a packet of vests, or sleepsuits, or even baby lotion/nappy bags etc. It's addictive!

I've hammered my vredit card so much in the last week that every time I use it now I have to have a security check, I think they think it's been stolen!! Dreading the bill coming, especially since it's on direct debit to take the full balance!!

I just can't stop myself shopping....we are supposed to be saving for the mat. leave but I just can't stay out of mamas and papas and mothercare and anywhere else that has baby things...infact that is the reason I am on here to stop me from getting ready and hitting the shops....these bank holidays are no good for the bank balance!!!! It wouldnt be too bad if the mother and mother in law were any different but they are always buying too..(first granchild on either side!) I figure I wont have to do any baby washing as it will have a new outfit for every day!! Love Tracy x

"Dam cute baby clothes" *shakes fist* Went to Asda on the Bank Holiday spent too much! Got lots of items though! Trendy baby,

We now have pretty much everything, just nappies and stuff like that! Baby better be a boy now! Kept all my receipts just incase!

Next had some nice stuff too I am dreading the January Sales! But at least by then I should have a buggy to push people out the way! RAM RAIDDDDD!!!!!!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back