SPD

Lilelephant

Reaction score
any one suffer with this?
I went to doc today after dreadful few days and he suspects SPD but is concerned that I have this much pain at only 10 weeks! :(

my sister had it whilst pregnant with her 2nd child and she was in agony when she walked about she walked really slow everywhere and to the point she was givin crutches to help her. Hope you're ok!
From what i know after the baby arrived my sister was fine.... big hugs xx

Ive had it with all 3 of my pregnancies and from early on. with my first wasnt too bad but with my second as in quite a bit of pain at the end but then work hadnt been that helpfull !!! hadnt been too bad with this one till i came down the stairs on my bum !! fell i few steps. has your dr refered u to a physio ? they should get u a belt type brace to wear which does help but baby can sometimes get fidigity while u where it !!! and teach u some exercises. will also check which positions r ok for u to labour in. i had my first 2 naturally and hoping for the same with this one. and it does go away once baby is here xxxx

Thanks hun. I have ostepath appointment next thursday! Did u have to take ur mat leave early?

Last edited:
I did hun but not for the spd and reduced growth with my first and then pre eclampsia with my second !!! body pillows are supposed to help i do find a pillow between my knees helps at night and just rest whenever u can. do u have an active job ? xx

Yes I am a radiographer, thanks for the advice re pillows will try it

I'm off to physio on thursday to find out if I have SPD to... Bloody painful isn't it!! Xx

I have active job too so does make it hard to cope with at times. have u told work yet Mrs Mc ? if u can get colleagues to do the moving and handling of patients that should help i've stopped doing any this pregnancy and does seem to b helping xxx

I also have spd started about 12/13 weeks and have been given crutches, physio have given me exercises to do as well, sorry to hear you have it early to :hugs:

I have it - it started around 20 weeks though. Some days are much worse than others - sometimes I can't walk upright because of the pain. It's always much, much worse if i've had an active day. The physiotherapist gave me a support belt which helps me feel more comfortable but doesn't get rid of pain. Some days mine feels bad enough to require crutches! Your doctor should refer you to physio xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back