Any one else with SPD

Jazz

Reaction score
I had to have a internal at the hospital the other day, told the doctor I had spd but when she did examination she pulled my legs apart it was so painful since then my pelvis pain has really flared up and is swollen, is there any thing I can do ease the pain? Thank you

That was pretty rough of her, I hope you screamed or made her feel bad - horrible cow! If you haven't already, take some paracetemol and make sure you rest and keep your legs as symmetrical as possible so you're not straining any ligaments.

Same as and I could barely walk the next day :-(

It's gettin ridiculous now. I can't even get out in or out of bed without nearly crying. I think when I'm in labour the pain relief will more be because my legs are spread open rather than the labour itself!!

Hope it eases for u soon Hun xx

My other half and I both said It was hurting but felt like she had a job to do. thank you for all your advice, didn't expect this im on crutches so frustrating!

I've just had really bad pain in my right hand side lower back buttocks area for the last 2 days. I can barely walk with the pain. This is terrible. I feel so sorry for anyone who has had pain like this all the way through.

you can get a special support you wear around your bump to take the strain off your pelvis my hospital supplied it for me back in Ireland i just returned it after i had given birth it really did help i was in so much pain and found it so hard to walk. I think boots also might have them its worth a look. sorry to hear your feeling so poo x

Thank you for replys and thankyou amyrose i have tried a few supports but they are really big/baggie as I quite small in the hip area I will ask midwife if I can get smaller one

i know it might sound a little weird but maybe pregnancy spank might work you can get them in small sizes.

I wanna know how to sleep comfortably. My back, hips and pelvis kill and don't even get me started on turning over and getting up and back into bed!!!! It makes me so angry!!!!

How do u sleep comfortably with SPD??

Jez Lexus, you must be putting in a terrbile time of it. Whoever likes being pregnant needs their head read. I am a very bad patient, am almost never sick and I am demented after 2 days of back pain. You are a real trooper!

Jez Lexus, you must be putting in a terrbile time of it. Whoever likes being pregnant needs their head read. I am a very bad patient, am almost never sick and I am demented after 2 days of back pain. You are a real trooper!

Awww thanks, I don't feel like much of a trooper hun but more of a decrepit pensioner! Lol! I just know it's only a matter of weeks til I get my body back now. I just need to be able to sleep properly though! I get so emotional when I don't sleep and what makes it worse is when im in pain with it! Xxxx

sorry to hear your having crap time to Lexusno1 I wish I could find a way to sleep to

sorry to hear your having crap time to Lexusno1 I wish I could find a way to sleep to

Thank you darlin. Awful isn't it!! I'd rather not be able to sleep because I have a beautiful baby to feed than because of pain! Xx

same here, my other sleeps right through then complains hes tired! Fed up of the crutches to :wall2:

Last edited:
Shadow wolf suffered really really bad with SPD. might be worth dropping her a PM?

thank you Rayoflight will pm her and see if she has any tips

Hi all. It's strange that you are talking about SPD on here today as I'm wondering if this is what I'm starting to get. Those of you that have it - did you start off by having a dull ache around the pubic bone area which sometimes radiates to the hips and the lower back? What happens if you have SPD when it comes to giving birth - can you still do it naturally?

I'm seeing my midwife for my 28 week check in a week or two so I will speak to her then about it but just wondered if you could give me any advice before I see her. I've been doing some yoga for pregnancy on a DVD just at home but am starting to wonder if I should be doing this at all if there's a possibility I have SPD?

x

Hi snag that sounds like how mine started after seeing my midwife 3 times with the pain etc she said it was one of them things and may be I pulled a muscle :wall2: I had a appointment with gp and she was the one who said she thought I had spd, have seen a physio and she gave me some exercises to do. With the birth when I spoke to physio she said you can give birth naturally the midwife will talk through positions, I am thinking of asking for a c section (please dont judge me)

Thanks Jazz. I went to the GP about it on Thurs and he just said it was because of the weight of the baby, etc. He suggested that I get a pelvic girdle to support me although apparently it doesn't do much towards the end of the pregnancy - great! I am seeing my midwife next week so I will bring it up with her and see if she takes it more seriously. I did go to Boots the other day and asked them if they had a pelvic girdle on sale and they looked at me strangely and said, 'no'!!!

I'm not judging you at all for wanting to have a caesarian by the way - if that is what is best for you then you should be able to have that option and don't worry about what other people think!!

Have you found the physio/exercises helpful?

the physio exercises are helpful they make you support your pelvis with other muscles rather than putting extra strain on your pelvis. I was all for having a natural birth untill I had to have a internal at hospital the other day and my pain free gap was very small and she pulled my legs apart and I haven't been right since. I hope your midwife can help, If you google pelvic support you will find some supports on line, found this one on amazon may help :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-MATERNITY-BELLY-BUMP-SUPPORT/dp/B0016KMA9C

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back