Is this how SPD starts?

leesey

Reaction score
It seems a bit silly me asking this at 14 weeks, but I don't know what else it could be.

Today I have a really sore dull ache in both my hip joints, and my left hip clicks when I get in and out the car. The midwife said I would be at risk of SPD because of my back problems, and gave me a number for physio self referral, but I didn't for one minute think that I'd have problems this early on.

Does it sound like SPD and has anyone else had it this early on?

Thanks in advance!

About 2weeks ago I had seriously sore hips, it hurt to sit, stand, walk, lie down!
Moving about was agony, my hips clicked every time I stood up. I was in so much pain!
But I slept with a pillow between my legs for about 3 nights and it went away, and now I'm feeling fine in the hip department.

I thought it was the start of SPD but thankfully it doesn't seem to be the case, I still don't know what caused it but the pillow between my legs at night seemed to help.

Hope it gets better soon xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Dont' worry too much. I've had dodgy hips all my life since I dislocated a leg when really young and during my last pregnacy and this one so far my hips have ached so bad I can't even lay on them sometimes, can't lay on my back and can't lay on front lol But last time I didn't develop spd and this time, so far, is looking good also!

Hips will ache because they are moving wider apart and carrying alot more weight but if you're really suffering defo go back to midwife or see gp for a referral hun xxx

About 2weeks ago I had seriously sore hips, it hurt to sit, stand, walk, lie down!
Moving about was agony, my hips clicked every time I stood up. I was in so much pain!
But I slept with a pillow between my legs for about 3 nights and it went away, and now I'm feeling fine in the hip department.

I thought it was the start of SPD but thankfully it doesn't seem to be the case, I still don't know what caused it but the pillow between my legs at night seemed to help.

Hope it gets better soon xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Already do sleep with a pillow between my legs!!

I'll see how it goes xx

It is possible to start really early, poor MrsMc had it from 9 weeks I believe :shock:

I get clicking hips and really sore pains in them but it doesn't affect me every day, also my sciatica is slowly making a come back. I would say see how u go and if it doesn't let up contact the physio, that's what I am doing.

Hope ur not feeling too bad now :hugs: xx

I've been in pain since i was 5-6 weeks pregnant, the doctors thought it was something else but have since told me its SPD!
I get really sore hips which sometimes i can barely walk with now :roll:

Speak to your MW if you are in too much discomfort hun as they may be able to diagnose and help you :)

Sounds nasty! You could see if you're allowed to used Movelat cream- its a cream for joint pain, commonly used by those with arthritis, and can help to ease pain and stiffness

Sounds nasty! You could see if you're allowed to used Movelat cream- its a cream for joint pain, commonly used by those with arthritis, and can help to ease pain and stiffness

I was thinking about something like that but I don't think you're allowed anything that's absorbed into the skin. I'm off work next week so I'll get an appointment at some point.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, it's not getting any better so will definitely need to be seen xx

Hopefully the doctor will give you something! I've had joint pain in my hands, but it must be awful in your hips!! xxx

I started at 9 weeks cos I have severe arthritis and and it had already affected my joints. x

Hopefully the doctor will give you something! I've had joint pain in my hands, but it must be awful in your hips!! xxx

It's horrible, it's like toothache but in your hips, it's the only way I can think to describe it. It's not just when I'm moving either, it's when I'm sitting, standing, lying, everything. It hasn't eased in the slightest all day, I'm really starting to worry this is the start of something bad. I'm struggling to get in and out of my car, I need to get to work obviously, I teach primary ones and need to be on my feet as much as possible, and had hoped to stay as active as I could while I was still able.

Feeling a bit down about it :( xx

I had the sharp aching pain in my vagina bone last night when i sat on the toilet for a wee. the pain was really sore really throbbing .. it went about 15 minutes later though ( Thank god ). But this hip thing, i have had a throbbing pain in my right hip, it felt like inflammetry .. the way i described it too my mum she said maybe its arthertits ??

I posted about this in my journal last night - thanks for posting in my journal leesey :) someone told me about this topic just before, so after reading the posts here, it does sound like the start of SPD for me :( i hope not, its supposed to be really really bad.

Let me know what the nurse says hun. Hope that pain eases off for you chick. xx

Last edited:
So yes, I have SPD.

Physio confirmed it this morning, but she was really helpful and gave really good advice. I'm all tubi-gripped up to support my pelvis, and got a few simple Dos and Don'ts to follow. Nothing more they can do unfortunately!

I'd recommend anyone who's feeling pain in their hips or pelvis, get yourself referred to physio as it was so nice to be supported through this xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back