SPD v PGP

pilkers

Reaction score
I know a few of you are having problems with SPD and it's a popular thread

I was just wondering if you could help me out... over the last couple of days I have had a bad pain in my lower back which travels down one side of my buttock and into my hip. It hurts all the time no matter whether I'm sitting, stanidng or walking although it's by no means unbearable, just very uncomfortable.

Could this be pelvic girdle pain or SPD? And should I see my midwife? (they're so busy in my area I hate taking up their time if it's not needed)

Thanks
Leanne

Ive got this sort of pain right now pilkers and had it most of the weekend. As far as I know I don't know where SPD begins and pelvic pain end! They all seem to be inter-related. My midwife sent me to physio and she said if you have one you are likely to feel the others, and the only thing that can be done is walk little and often, rest when its too painful and take paracetamol, and also practice the pelvic floor exercises regularly.

Im not going out today because my pains are pretty sharp but they seem to be everywhere on and off, aka lower back, hip, sides of abdomen and pubic area/. hope you feel better soon xx

Pilkers... yours sounds more like sciatica to me...

Hiya hun,

Ive been to physio for the same thing and was told that its Pelvic Girdle Pain and Sciatica. Basically you have more pressure on your back so its causing the pain and also sciatica.

My physio therapist had given me a back support and basically said that there isnt alot that I can do apart from some light exercise to keep the pelvis moving and pain killers.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks everyone

I have had sciatica when I was 19 and this pain is no where near as bad as back then and doesn't travel into my toes like it did. I've got a mw appt on Thursday so hopefully it'll get cleared up then.

Thanks again x

If it goes from your lower back, spine, then it's a higher chance of sciatica, the pelvic thing developes around your groin area and top of thighs and partly your lower back. believe me if you are having problems with your pelvic area you will know. It feels like you have bruised your bones, when you try to walk, open your legs etc, it kills, like a very VERY bad strain.

Panadol is the only thing you can really take and a hot bath.

Josephine_Beth said:
If it goes from your lower back, spine, then it's a higher chance of sciatica, the pelvic thing developes around your groin area and top of thighs and partly your lower back. believe me if you are having problems with your pelvic area you will know. It feels like you have bruised your bones, when you try to walk, open your legs etc, it kills, like a very VERY bad strain.

Panadol is the only thing you can really take and a hot bath.

Ive been given the OK to take co-codamol for the pain aswell but it doesnt really help much to be honest.

Hi it sounds more like sciatica which I've had when not preg for years, only cure/relief I got was from visiting my chiropractor. Not sure whether this safe during pregnancy. But I definiitely got a long period of relief from it.I've had SPD on my last preg & its more around pubic area affected by movement in tops of legs, lower body etc.
Lorrie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back