Sorry but HUGE rant about our twatty govt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my college tutor told us he doesnt see the point in uni for certain jobs as you just wont get a job at the end lol he said your better off starting low in a job and working your way up

I've lived life from both sides...I had my 1st child wen I was16 and still at school,wen he was 8 weeks old I returned to school to get my gcse's but turned down an a level course cos I'd already started workin (cleaning in a care home) and couldn't do both,I was on 3.20 an hour back then. My oh got an avg wage but cos the cost of livin was relatively low we got by. I went on to do care in the same care home but gave that up cos u split wiv my partner and stupidly thought I'd b better off on benefits. Yes I got my rent and c tax paid but because I wouldn't claim Csa they took 22 out of my benefit which left me wiv 92 income support and 35(ish) child benefit...i had to pay all my bills,feed and clothe 2 kids aswel as Xmas,birthdays etc. I ended up in a lot of debt,not massive amounts but I couldn't afford to pay 200 etc back.
I then discovered tax credits and they'd pay most of my childcare,and give me money to top my earnings so I could afford to go back to work,I went back toy old job at the care home. Then after moving homes (work) gettin married,movin into private rented and havin another child I decided to go to college and do my nvq 2&3 in hairdressing,I worked aswel and it took me 2 years just to discover at the end that no experience=no job so I took the big step of quiitin at the care home and becoming self employed...biggest mistake of my life!! We have really struggled but luckily I've paid enough contributions to entitle me to mat allowance for 39 weeks which means I can have maternity leave (bringin in as much as I did workin part time at the home) my plan after the 39 weeks is to join a care agency so I can work flexi hours and can choose wot I work in school holidays so I don't have to pay 12 an hour childcare.

I've rambled enough but basically life isn't easy...on benefits ur skint,u literally get enough to survive and if try and better urself by goin to college there's just no work available at the end of it.

My attitude is if the government is offering it then I'm gonna take it! There's so many ppl in this country that claim stuff they're not entitled to,if I'm entitled to it then I'm at front of the que!!!

I'm sorry what?! Your OH borowed money off the social to fund his weed habit?! That's disgusting! My ex used to spend all his money on weed and you kbow what, we still got by on my wage of 400 a month with no benefits! I thibk you proved the point of this thread in one utterance.

I'm sorry what?! Your OH borowed money off the social to fund his weed habit?! That's disgusting! My ex used to spend all his money on weed and you kbow what, we still got by on my wage of 400 a month with no benefits! I thibk you proved the point of this thread in one utterance.

Now that's a prime example of someone taking the piss out of the system and giving genuine people a bad name!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said for me did I? See your flipping on me again hardly my fault... People have habits and yes I agree with emma about the NVQ and BTEC I did one for two years and it got me nowhere, I'm on a training course at the minute FTET and they put you on a work placement to get experience, but I can't do anything as I have two weeks left then I sign off onto income support. I am actively looking for work asnd so is he people make mistakes but At least I'm trying to make ameads for them. I am paying all my debts slowly and he hasn't touched a social loan on ages ( it was before I got pregnant he did that )

Thing is you will be happy to hear they are stopping social loans full stop after this year because people use them so heavily as their beneifts don't last ....

You know what you can all fuck off I hope one day your made jobless and you feel the sting FUCK YOU ALL

Not my fault For my OH's Dick head mistakes FUCK OFF THE LOT OF YOU!

Your only reading half of what i'm putting anyways!!!!!!!!!!

WASTE OF SPACE

I never said for me did I? See your flipping on me again hardly my fault... People have habits and yes I agree with emma about the NVQ and BTEC I did one for two years and it got me nowhere, I'm on a training course at the minute FTET and they put you on a work placement to get experience, but I can't do anything as I have two weeks left then I sign off onto income support. I am actively looking for work asnd so is he people make mistakes but At least I'm trying to make ameads for them. I am paying all my debts slowly and he hasn't touched a social loan on ages ( it was before I got pregnant he did that )

Thing is you will be happy to hear they are stopping social loans full stop after this year because people use them so heavily as their beneifts don't last ....

No it's not your fault but I'd advise you not to tell people about that. No wonder people get angry x

You know what you can all fuck off I hope one day your made jobless and you feel the sting FUCK YOU ALL

WASTE OF SPACE

Well don't tell people things like that them. I'm don't have a job either.

well I'm just being honest people say all the people on benefits are a sponge but they actually try to get help but shot down in flames..... I have asked for training, work placements,

he even asked his doctor about his addiction and was told he couldn't help him so wtf are you suppose to do.

People who claim benefits that are genuinely entitled to them and claim them through no choice of their own get my full sympathy. You get very little to live on and it is a daily struggle to make ends meet. I have only ever claimed benefits once for a few month when I split up with my ex and couldn't stay at home with my son anymore. (2002)

The folk on benefits who go on holidays and have designer stuff are the ones on the fiddle IMO. Coz the government certainly doesn't pay enough to fund that stuff!

I go back to work full time on Monday. 2 kids under 2 in child care 8.5 hours a day, 5 days a week is not cheap! My wages are canny poor too so I will probably come out with the same amount as a person on benefits. OH's wage only just covers our monster mortgage, car payments (we need 2 cars for work, I work well off a bus route) and basic bills. We figure that after child care, travel costs and the cheer stress of getting us all up and out and working full time that were better off me not working. But working is all I know!

I could claim DLA if I wanted because of my anxiety, bi polar, and BPD but staying at home all day solves nothing. I might as well be a mental case at work as aposed to a mental case at home lol

I agree with the girls on benefits that it is not an easy life but I understant why the workers get frustrated. It's the lazy, cheating benefit abusers that spoil it for those who genuinely need it. I'm crap at saying how I feel and making it sound right but I think you's know what I mean xx

well I'm just being honest people say all the people on benefits are a sponge but they actually try to get help but shot down in flames..... I have asked for training, work placements,

he even asked his doctor about his addiction and was told he couldn't help him so wtf are you suppose to do.

Can't you see that that would anger people though?
And if he really truly wanted help he could!

I don't thibk there's any need for that use of language at all! And if you take your own advice and read all of what we were saying, not once did we say YOU were in ye wrong, we Were referring to your OH! And I agree with pinky, you might want to keep your mouth shut in future cos saying that to people who struggle to put food on their table for their kids and are claiming for genuine reason is going to fuck people off!!

I could claim DLA if I wanted because of my anxiety, bi polar, and BPD but staying at home all day solves nothing. I might as well be a mental case at work as aposed to a mental case at home lol
Yeah I agree that's why I've always done voluntary work because I'd go even more nuts always being at home ;)

WASTE OF SPACE

Hey chick, calm down. It's a discussion between adults with different opinions. Don't get all upset xx

no need for that kind of language!!!!

telling people that your oh spent benefit money on weed isnt exactly going to get you a pat on the back i do understand what you are saying though

if we all keep an open mind there will be no need to jump on people or attack them :) no one is going to agree after all and no matter what the opinion everyone is allowed one

have you been to your local college? there are loads of courses available for unemployed people now to help you get back to work.

Re: the iphones, what contract are you on get me signed up! haha

fairydust/pinkymum I wasn't being personal at all I am sure you have good reasons for needing thje benefits system and I am glad you can appreciate the frustration of those of us who are in work :)

Hi
hun i work full time ;-)

xx

Ever heard of narcotics anonymous? If he really wanted help it's out there! And if all else fails there's always jezza :lol:

Yeah I agree that's why I've always done voluntary work because I'd go even more nuts always being at home ;)

I find being at home and bored I stew on things. It's not good. I never thought of voluntary work when I was on benefits. Wish I had tho. It's a great idea xx

I am claiming for gen reasons and I don't have loads of money to burn never have never will, My mum gave up work when I was young so I know what living on benefits is about and I vowed to never stay on them and live like crap. and so what you all ganged up on what I was saying I was trying to view my side of things not like I was saying I'm loaded happy and lazy..

Just sick of being rejected by employers and being stuck in the middle being told your worthless when you try your hardest. I have never claimed sick pay or anything, this is the first time I have claimed anything since leaving college and haveing a full time job since 2007 till 2010

I was just trying to explain how I am paying back what we owe and not ignoring it. Its hard when the job centre screw you up and don't pay you they did this for months and I had to constandly use my overdraft of £1 a day. So yeah I have been in debt because of them. I am trying my best but sick of being shit on from people thinking yeah I work so your scum for claiming, be glad when the gov make redundencies because so many more will feel the pain of it all...

my oh half is a team leader as a chef he suppose to be 6.50 an hour but only get 5.90 an hour does 12 hour shifts a day maybe more sometimes finishing late they dont get paid over time there overtime is actually extra holidays his take hom pay is probs between 150 to 200 depending if the general manger takes hours off that hes actually woked but not getting paid for out of that he pays his bills the rent for his little room i probably wat you pay on a 1 bedroomed flat plus he has food to buy and other bits on his wage we couldnt afford to live together as house prices round here are between 450 quid to 600 quid if he did move in all his wage would be on traveling to and from work buy public transport. we dont get to go on holiday the only place we go is up north to my mums even then its not a break or a holiday we dont buy expensive clothes. i et all amy clothing from asda or tescos or she gets them giving to her life on benifit aint easy or being on his wage. people that can afford boob job or holidays must be working and claiming benifits ie fraud or some might save up the coppers just to go on holiday.

people can go to place like bright house were you can pay weekly for a tv its only about 11 quid or something like that i bought a settee like i sed previously not coz its flash or because i see something i like i got it coz i need it and its probably the only one that fits thru the door and obc i cant pay out for one. i dont have a car or anything so im relying on public transport or taxis i always make sure amy is well cared for and she has everything she needs b4 i by for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back