Sorry but HUGE rant about our twatty govt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tihnk every1 is right on this that we will never all agree on it,

i respect u all for being so honest, especially the people who are claiming benefits, i know there is a huge amount of people who are claiming benefits who dont want to be, be for what ever reason, redundancies or illness, and like mentioned people do judge you, its so horrible, but will always happen, when i tell people what i do they tut that i purposley claim the most money i can for people who are vulnerable and unable to do it themselfs, im sorry but someone needs to help people who cant,

what gets my goat, is people who plan to live on benefits all there life, and dont even think about gettin a job, a girl i used to be really good friends with who is same age as me (23) has 6 kids,(she had her first at 15) has never worked a day in her life and has followed in her mums footseps who also never wanted to work and has allways planned to have a big family and be a benefit claiment, i earn £17k per year n work bloody hard, and she receives more than i do,

dont get me wrong, her kids dont ever look scruffy or unkempt, they are allways in designer gear n have ugg boots, dressed nicely in clothes from next n the little one whos about 2 has a juicy traksuit, but it just gets on my nerves that she planned to do this and consiously has had 6 kids all to different dads and has a 4bed council house, everythin paid for her, a 50" plazma tv on the wall in the lounge, gorgous leather sofa's 32" tvs in the 3 kids rooms, the older 2 have got Wii's & PS3s there is 4laptops in her house and is going to butlins for xmas to see santa with her kids costing about £2k. thats what gets my goat!!
x

what gets my goat, is people who plan to live on benefits all there life, and dont even think about gettin a job, a girl i used to be really good friends with who is same age as me (23) has 6 kids,(she had her first at 15) has never worked a day in her life and has followed in her mums footseps who also never wanted to work and has allways planned to have a big family and be a benefit claiment, i earn £17k per year n work bloody hard, and she receives more than i do,

i totally agree with you i work for a criminal solicitors and work primarily on legal aid and the amount of people that just cant be bothered outnumber the genuine people who are looking for work and don't want to be on benefits!!! i know someone who i went to school with she is currently pregnant with baby no 5 and had her first at 13 and seeing them brag on fb about constantly going shopping and the stuff shes buying for the baby when i wish i could buy everything i've seen for my baby!! When one of my best friends came out of uni it took her over a year to get a job!!!!!!

i dont get how people on benefit can afford designer clothes for kids??? and go shopping and out drinking i dont get to do any of this as there is no money left for this kind of things i dont get how they can afford it coz i sure cant and im on benefits

i dont get how people on benefit can afford designer clothes for kids??? and go shopping and out drinking i dont get to do any of this as there is no money left for this kind of things i dont get how they can afford it coz i sure cant and im on benefits

I totally agree,

I hope the goverment do make it better for the working, rather than allowing people who can work but choose not to to live on benefits.

I don't get how some people can say it's what they are entitled too having a baby is a choice if people can't afford to fund there own baby and lifestyle choices then they should'nt have babies ect.

I know there are genuine cases where people can't work or are made redundant and i am all for benfits in those case's but not the people who choose not to work, and have child after child funded by the goverment, have no intention of ever working.

It is so hard being a full time working mum. I would love to sit at home and each week get paid for doing it but i choose to work even thought it is border line if it is worth it for us. due to the fact i think it is essential you show your children that working pays and you get nice things by working hard in life not by doing nothing.

just my opinion i know some will disagree no offence is meant to anyone
xx

i cant wait to get back to college and get qualified and hopefully then be self employed i hate being on benefits i want to work to show my kids that you cant sit on your ass all day plus it gets very boring and you have nothing new to talk about apart from daytime tv grr boring oh well its not forever for me :)

i cant wait to get back to college and get qualified and hopefully then be self employed i hate being on benefits i want to work to show my kids that you cant sit on your ass all day plus it gets very boring and you have nothing new to talk about apart from daytime tv grr boring oh well its not forever for me :)

What are you studying?

i was doing art and design then going into photography in my last year but i fell pregnant so that kinda made me have to finish college so i think i might go back after having the baby and just do the photography part so i can qualify quicker than 3 years and attempt to become a freelance photography and build up a portfolio and start adding wedding ect thats the plan anyway hopefully i get to do it :)

i was doing art and design then going into photography in my last year but i fell pregnant so that kinda made me have to finish college so i think i might go back after having the baby and just do the photography part so i can qualify quicker than 3 years and attempt to become a freelance photography and build up a portfolio and start adding wedding ect thats the plan anyway hopefully i get to do it :)

sounds good i am not artistic at all but photography would be quite fun too do xx

Id like to know that aswell LOL

i love photography i drive my dh nuts by taking pictures hee hee im quite good at art and creating things :)

we must be doing something wrong momma kat or something right and they are doing something wrong lol

I am currently on benefits and my partner is a full time student. We had to fight the system from the beginning to be able to get any help. What pissed us off is we have both worked since we were 15 and paid all our taxes and NI contributions like everyone else but we got treated like crap and told we werent entitled to any money whatso ever. We ended up homeless and had to fight to be put on that aswell as my partner isnt from my area, they were trying to get him to apply for homlessness back in his area and me in my area, and we fought it and we won. While in the homeless, we applied for to be put on benefits and had to fight to be eligable for them too. We were treated like pieces of shit that had just walked off the street. We done nothing but be honest about everything and we had one girl at a table next to us, a junkie, with 3 kids, going off her head at one of the jobcentre staff saying she cant afford her electricity,gas,living expenses,etc and they better sort it out for her, and they ran head and foot for her, while myself and my partner were sitting struggling with them to get any help what so ever !!

I get looked at,judged,commented on about being on benefits. People think I am the same as the lazy,junkie,alky,people who never want to work and havent a day in there life !! All people see is another person on benefits, waste of space !!

It's unbelievable, I wouldnt be on benefits if I had another choice. There is no work in my area, or surrounding areas for me to go out and work for things I want and what I want my baby to have.

People who have never been on benefits have no idea what it's like for people who have to be on benfits to live at the moment when it's not there choice. It's so easy for people who work to sit and judge, you dont know people's situations and what they are going through having to do this. So, untill you have to walk in our shoe's, you shouldnt judge people because you will soon find out how NOT easy it is and how hard it is when it's YOU being judged !!

We have to pay £81 a month for Gas and Electricity
£27 a month for Water and Sewage
£50 shop a month (if we are lucky)
and a lot more. We constantly have no money.

I havent been able to buy any of the big things for my baby as we dont have the money, my mother and family have bought everything for us, from pram to teets!!

Do you have any idea how that feels, not to be able to buy things for your baby ????

SO yes i'm very glad i'm entitled to apply for £190 and £500 grants and be able to get my baby things and say,, mummy and daddy bought you this,,instead of sitting with my baby in it's clothes and pram,etc thinking,,nana,papa and family bought you this because mummy and daddy couldnt get you anything !!

And I didnt choose to fall pregnant while on benefits, I had applied to go to college and better myself to get out of this place and make something for myself and when I did decide to have a family.

My falling pregnant was a huge shock, as I had been told since I was 15 I might not be able to have kids and I'd need help to try and concieve but I possibly would not be able to have any children.

The next thing I knew, in may i was pregnant. I couldnt be happier due to thinking I was never going to be able to have a family

for once i agree with momma kat :lol: being on benefits really isnt the easy life people think it is, and i fail to see how people can afford designer clothes and expensive TVs and stuff! i never thought in my wildest dreams i'd end up on benefits, but then again, i never thought in my wildest dreams i'd end up being a single mum having got with an absolute b*stard! i would do anything to be able to work, but trying to get 2 kids into nursery is ridiculous with the fees they charge and the actual stress of getting us all out the house in the mornings would finish me off i swear!

i really struggle to get by on what i get, i make sure my kids are well turned out, they always have nice clothes, cos i know people look down on me for being on benefits, so i want to make sure they dont look like "poor" kids! but as a result of that, i go without! i've got hardly any clothes and none of them actually fit me, i never go out on the piss, i dont go to the cinema (ok, so i did the other week, but it wasnt me that paid!), i treat myself to the odd maccy Ds, a bottle of wine every now and again and the odd packet of cigs when the stress really gets too much for me :lol: but if you open my kitchen cupboards, you'll see they're full of value food! yes i got the 500 grant, but with that, i furnished an entire flat because my babies needed somewhere to live! its all about what you see as being essential and being good prices! 99% of the things i own were on offer, or from ikea, the cheapest they did!

it does remind me of the EMA in college, there's no way i got £30 a week off my parents, infact, i worked and my parents perhaps gave me the odd bit of money for food, but i paid my own bus fare and bought all my own stuff...yet my friends used to get it and spend it on laptops and ipods! yes there are some people out there that are scroungers, but there also those of us out there that couldnt live without benefits!

its really not an easy life on benefits and i absolutely hate it! but before you whinge, i think you should walk a mile in my shoes! i didnt claim any benefits before i became a single mum, well, except child benefit! i was entitled to tax credits etc, but i didnt claim. even now there are some benefits i dont claim that i'm entitled to! i dont spend all my money on designer gear, or expenive food and drink, i spend it on my children and making sure they're fed, clothed and watered! and as soon as they're in school/nursery i'll be straight out to work! my children will know the value of work, but they'll also be brought up knowing that benefits isnt an easy life and to know not to judge people that claim, because yes there are people out there who claim when they dont need to, but there are people like myself, who have worked since 16 and just need a couple of years to get back on their feet after having had a pretty shite time of things!

I work fulltime (30hrs a week) and hubby works full time. I didn;t think I would get the £500 because of this, however, I applied and u get it u get a certain amount of tax creds u r entitled to it. And as u get higher rate when baby here most people can get it unless u earn loads. I got it and was reali shocked after spending my whole pregnancy moanin that coz i work i wouldnt be entitled to it lol xxxxx

And I didnt choose to fall pregnant while on benefits, I had applied to go to college and better myself to get out of this place and make something for myself and when I did decide to have a family.

My falling pregnant was a huge shock, as I had been told since I was 15 I might not be able to have kids and I'd need help to try and concieve but I possibly would not be able to have any children.

The next thing I knew, in may i was pregnant. I couldnt be happier due to thinking I was never going to be able to have a family

Like I said sometimes you just need a break from working your butt off, I did and I'm glad but once my baby is here and old enough for school I am going to get back into work :) Just hope my partner finds a job good enough to support us both before then x

I agree with Lexi, it infuriates me that people assume that as you are working full-time and on a decent wage that you can manage better than people who get handouts from the government.

I put myself through uni to get a good education and a better chance of getting a good job/career and consequently have 18k worth of debt from fees and living costs. I have massive outgoings each month, a mortgage, a car to run (which i need for work) and a baby to save for. I have also worked since I was 14 and never got handouts from the family either. I am not saying that people in certain situations shouldn't get help. I would never want to see someone do without, especially a single parent with a baby. It just shouldn't be so hard/easy for people to stay on benefits IMO. Whether the government invest more in 'back to work' programmes or make it easier/free to get childcare I don't know, that's for them to come up with!

I will say though that saying 'you sometimes just need a break from work' is the most infuriating comment I have read!!!! there are people who have posted here and who I know personally who would KILL for any type of work at the moment, just deciding to stop cos' it was 'too hard' is total turd. :roll:

I would also like to know how some people can afford I-phones when they are on benefits?! I know I can't manage the contract on my 'decent' wage :lol:

Lets look at it differently for a sec. Let's forget about people that are on benefits and are on tHem for the right reasons. So actually using the system the way it's supposed to. After all it's not these people that we see in the press.

The people that are in the press are people that declare happily that they are on benefits because they dont want to work. These people admit that they can't be bothered to work and that they say that they can get more from the govenment then they can working ( side note, benefits must pay far too much so it either needs to be lowered or wages raised to incentivise these people). What will anger a working person is that they are having to fund someone who admits that the money they get fund their holidays, designer clothes, boob jobs, cigs, alcohol etc etc etc plus these people say how the more kids they have the more money they get and the bigger a house thy can get.

Now look at it from a workers point of view:

not all workers can afford to have child after child, holidays , boob jobs, designer clothes etc hemselves so why should thhey pay for others. If they want a house
they have to pay the rent increases associated with a bigger house or save for years for a good deposit and then spend hundreds a month on the mortgage... Moving means higher council tax depending on the area and size of house.

I think what may annoy a worker is the straight away reaction of " I don't get enough from the goventment", " I don't get what I deserves from the government they are screwing me over" to a worker that means " the person that is working isn't giving me enough money for free... They work long hours but it's not enough, I want more so thy can have less". Maybe if there was an initial reaction of " i really appreciate those that work, after all it helps the system to work and therfore I am able to afford certain things" etc

I think it's important to look at how much it actually costs to work.Think about costs to get to work, clothes for work etc etc after all that there is not much left spare for anything else... Bills eat up nearly all of their salary. So really you end up in the same situation as people on benefits. Everyone has to make ends meat... And it is importnant that everyone lives within their means.

There is no right or wrong answer guys. We need the benefit system for any time that you or I may or may not need it. It's just important that the ones abusing it shouldn't get away with it as it not fair on workers or people that honestly need the help.xx

What probably

Last edited:
I agree with Lexi, it infuriates me that people assume that as you are working full-time and on a decent wage that you can manage better than people who get handouts from the government.

I put myself through uni to get a good education and a better chance of getting a good job/career and consequently have 18k worth of debt from fees and living costs. I have massive outgoings each month, a mortgage, a car to run (which i need for work) and a baby to save for. I have also worked since I was 14 and never got handouts from the family either. I am not saying that people in certain situations shouldn't get help. I would never want to see someone do without, especially a single parent with a baby. It just shouldn't be so hard/easy for people to stay on benefits IMO. Whether the government invest more in 'back to work' programmes or make it easier/free to get childcare I don't know, that's for them to come up with!

I will say though that saying 'you sometimes just need a break from work' is the most infuriating comment I have read!!!! there are people who have posted here and who I know personally who would KILL for any type of work at the moment, just deciding to stop cos' it was 'too hard' is total turd. :roll:

I would also like to know how some people can afford I-phones when they are on benefits?! I know I can't manage the contract on my 'decent' wage :lol:

Can I ask what type of work you do? How much pay you get? And wether you get treated with respect?

Yeah I know what I have said you think is apauling but I frankly don't care I quit my job because of what it was...

I was getting £5.95 an hour for working NIGHTS in a care home, to be treated like shite all the time abused and took the mick out of. To have the client die on me the second night I was working to be put on bed watch for her... To be covered in shite and piss from mentally gone clients and have the nurses just laugh at you when your worried as it went in your mouth. To have sleepness days where you can't sleep to work 12 hour shifts of doom. To be shouted at for actually caring about the clients and taking my time with them and treating them like real people to be told to hurry up and not do it.

Yeah sorry but I quit it I was sick of working my arse off for fuck all money as it got taxed away... To be treated like that...

I wanted my life to be less stressful, I wanted to actually get pregnant, I had to go for tests which showed I had PCOS....

Frankly I have looked for work I still am now I'd rather do anything but that shit ever again I hate how care home make the clients family pay £2000 + a month and you still get paid fuck all when your on your feet all day/night busting a gut becasue the older staff can't be arsed!

Last edited:
AND TO ADD I HAVE WORKED BEFORE! SO NOT LIKE I AM SPONGING MONEY I AINT PAID IN!

I needed to quit that job else I would have been dead within a month it was depressing me to the point I was comtemplating suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back