Sure Start Grant - Declined??

Dee83

Reaction score
I am on ESA as i have been deemed too ill for work and as a couple my husband and i have recently started receiving working tax credits. I applied for the £500 Maternity Grant and have just had a letter saying that we are not entitled. I am absolutely gutted, we were really relying on that money as i was 99% sure that we would get it due to us getting the correct benefits.

I've just called them and they said that i am on the wrong type of ESA and that as we aren't getting the disability element of working tax credits we are not entitled!!

I am currently trying to get in touch with the ESA department to double check this with them but everytime i call it says to call back later and then cuts me off :wall2:

Has anyone been accepted for this who is on the same benefits as me or has anyone had their application declined?

Thanks girls xxxx

Awk that's rubbish hun :( When your LO is born you should start getting Child Tax Credit? I think the majority of people do and if it is paid at a higher rate than the family element(over about £550 I think) then you will get it! I couldn't get it but I got it last month once I was receiving Child Tax Credit. Goodluck xx

how shit i know loads of ppl who had it and it looks like i wont get anything either bummer! its just the extra help x

I was on the wrong kind of ESA too hun, its true unfortunately.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back