Will I get it?

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm trying to work out whether I will be entitled to get the Sure Start Grant. I am currently recieving the Healthy Start vouchers as my OH and I haven't moved in to our new place yet as a "couple". We are still classified as singletons as we have our own homes at the moment but are looking to move in together once I have managed to sell what I need to to allow the move to go ahead etc...

When I do move in with him... as he is now working, (has only been working for last month though) will I be able to apply for the Sure Start Grant? And will I get the vouchers still?

I have managed to work out that as long as neither of us have earnt over £16.000 odd for the financial year then we will be entitiled to this help. Therefore my conclusion is that as long as this job works out for him and he is still working come April 2011 then as of April, we will stop recieving the vouchers then?

But more importantly, can I apply for and will I be accepted/entitled to the Sure Start Grant of £500 in my current circumstances?

Sorry for the waffle... I hope I've explained myself well enough to make sense???

Are you on income suport? I'm not overly sure but I think if your not living together and your on income support your get it! Try applying for it anyway and see how you go!

thanks hun... I'm not on income support just yet - am still on JSA but will be transfering on to income support in the later days of pregnancy so I have been informed by Jobcentre... :) xx

Yeah u should get it and ul continue gettin the vouchers,maybe only 1 instead of 2 tho xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back