Sorry but HUGE rant about our twatty govt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have i started some sort of debate or p'd someone off talking about the £500 grant ??

I've worked since I was 15 and this is my first time being unemployed. The reason I am unemployed is due to my work cutting hours so much that I didnt make enough to pay my bills and get to and from work plus live. I also applied to go to college to better myself and get a better career when I found out I had fallen pregnant after being told I would need help to try and concieve or maybe not be able to atall and had to drop out my course as I wouldnt be able to finish it and get my certificate at the end due to giving birth to my baby.

Not everyone chooses to be on benefits, some of us dont have a choice when there is no work going in our area and nearest area's and if there are job's it's ones who want qualified people with the necessary skill's which not everyone has.

I "detest" being on benefits but it's the way my life has to be at the moment. I used to say the same as you all before I had to leave my job and go onto benefits. It's so downgrading, they treat you like you are a piece of dirt like the rest of the "junkies" and "alkys" that go in , and the people who have NEVER worked in there life get treated so nice, and get everything they need.

I have been nothing but honest since I went on the benefits and I struggled to get anything!!

lexi i wasnt entitled to anything either but the woman from the tax office (v nice woman lol) rang me when i was preg and was like when uve applied for ur tax credits ur automatically entitled to the 500 so she didnt process it till madison was here and tbh it was a great help i cant remember everything i bought with it i think i just stocked up on stuff and bought maybe few things for her but cant remember but i didnt buy a tv with it lmao xx

can i just say.. Benefits isnt "the easy life" as you put it lexi.
Its first of all a constant battle to get what you are entitled to, and even when you get that.. Its just -not- enough to live on.

My benefits have been raised in the last couple weeks, which is fab.. But just to give you an idea, this is the fortnightly budget i have had to live on since february..

Esa income - £83.90

bills:
Heating (fixed rate) - £10 (supposed to pay 14.50)
electricity (meter) - £20
tv licence (installments) - £10
council tax (installments) - £10

food costs - £30
leftover - £3.90

im forced to run up arrears before i even think about buying anything else, be it clothes, or bubble bath! But i made it work, and i managed to get everything i need for baby -before- i got either grant .. Saving up, second hand stuff from freecycle or gumtree, ebaying, finding charities set up to help pregnant women, and budgeting myself into managable debt in order to pay for things.

So im sorry.. But saying that being on benefits is easy.. Is just laughable, and saying that you cant possibly get the essentials for your baby without a government grant.. I cant quite believe. Your idea of essentials must be far different from mine.

here here !!!! Very well put indeed !!:)

My friend is pregnant ( hopefully in labour right now) works full time n got the £500 grant.
I posted my form for the £190 3 weeks ago n I'm still waiting.
Friend posted hers at 25 weeks but didn't get it til a week b4 she was due.
Like u I've worked since 16, been raped financially by the tax man it takes the piss how we have to wait or get rejected yet those who have never worked get everything
It really grinds my gears

Woah that is cheap electricity and heating!!! We have to pay £110... And it looks like they want to hike that price up!

With all out bills it's going to be hard for us when I go on maternity leave. I have had to put money aside all through my pregnancy in order to help hubby out pay for food next year (i'm a good little saver when I want to be). Sadly I have to go back to work when baby is 8 month old, and it looks like anything I earn will go into childcare. Would be nice if tge taxman would give a bit more relief to those that do work and have to out kids in childcare. Ideally I would love to be a stay at home mum, but it's not affordable... Plus I think i'd miss my job tbh.

you pay 110 for electric and heating a week????????

i totally agree with momma kat it aint easy when i was working full time i was better off than being on benefits until they cut my hours, its people that totally abuse the system that make it harder on others ie working and claiming or claiming to be single whilst living with someone

you pay 110 for electric and heating a week????????

i totally agree with momma kat it aint easy when i was working full time i was better off than being on benefits until they cut my hours, its people that totally abuse the system that make it harder on others ie working and claiming or claiming to be single whilst living with someone

Haha no sorry a month!! Just making sure your awake!

I agree it's people that abuserhe system that screws if for people that really need the help or deserve it etc I think it's very unfair when you have worked all your life and for some reason or another you need help due to unemploymnt and the govermnet turn you away. That's upsetting because you would hve put money into the system and never seen a return... Just goes to everyone else.

I still haven got my £190 grant and it's a little frustrating... But hopefully it will be here soon!x

i thought then that was so expensive lol
mine is about 30 a week on a good week

im better off that most on benefits as we get extra in our tax credits because my ds is disabled but it still ends up going out on 1 bill or another will have to buy a new wardbrobe soon as he has broke it :( he doesnt realise his own strentgh

i like another lady said started college but had to drop out because couldnt finish the course grrr so will have to go back after baby is born and hopefully qualify to become a photographer :)

also working with a child is not just plain and simple if you are putting your child in child care then you better have nice employers that dont mind you being called out of work all the time to pick up your kid because if they have the smallest of colds private nurserys just cant keep them in there as it risks the other kids catching it also even if they are off ill you still have to pay the fees :( and with my ds being how he is i got called out loads and ended up getting warnings off my employer at the time

just been looking at the budget about grants like pregnancy grant and sure start grant and it says the pregnancy grant stops january and the sure start changes apply from april is this right or has this also changed to january

just been looking at the budget about grants like pregnancy grant and sure start grant and it says the pregnancy grant stops january and the sure start changes apply from april is this right or has this also changed to january

I think it's April Hun.

You know I would love to swap my life with someone who can't be arsed working. Being on income support and DLA is not how I wanted my life to be at all. I have worked damn hard to have the mental stability that I have now. And it's no where near an easy life :( I'm just glad I've always done voluntary work because that helped me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's April Hun.

You know I would love to swap my life with someone who can't be arsed working. Being on income support and DLA is not how I wanted my life to be at all. I have worked damn hard to have the mental stability that I have now. And it's no where near an easy life :( I'm just glad I've always done voluntary work because that helped me too.

oh i might get it then if they dont change it before april as i reach 29 week middle of march i thought it was the same time as the other 1

thats the same as us dla and income support and we still have to pay our mortgage we would be ok if we was renting a place chances are we will end up loosing our home because its getting too hard to make ends meet i hate the recession :(

i think when you have had baby you will get an extra allowance in your tax credits but not too sure tbh i get it because its my ds thats disabled not to sure if the same applies to the parent but it should do, edit just checked and you only get the bonus if you work the bonus i get is because its my child and not me

Last edited:
AGREE< AGREE>AGREE!!!!! Chase up the 190 quid though!! But we are not entitled to the 500 pound as we both work FULL time and earn above the threshold!!
This is my Major bug bear!! I'm so glad you have posted this!! Why should we slug our guts out when people who just can be bothered to get off the asses and work, then go and decide to have children knowing they get most things paid for even baby milk what a bloody JOKE!!!!! RANT RANT RANT RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could go on but i will spare you all lolxxxxx

hey not everyone gets everything while on benifits i dont get everything thats for sure i couldnt get oa house even thou we needed it there only pay 100 pound a month on rent there not paying council tax and im not receiving milk tokens i think its fair to say the money that i get mostly goes on amy i get 120 quid a fortnight off incomme support that pays for rent a month i have tax credits and child benifit that pays for amy stuff and food electric and gas so not everyone has the easy life on job seekers allowance or on any i barley go out coz im paying for everything. everytime theres always a new tread about the govement the geniune people that are also on benifits get slated. theres many reasons why people are on benifits no one knows really why im on coz i was working when i found out i was pregnant with amy but had to give it up as they werent happy at how fast i was cleaning premeir inn ha a 24 min per a room for cleaning they also bullied me too. i was off to get another job on the same site but in the pub but had to scrap it coz im pregnant again and with the pub already have 2 women going on maternity leave as soon as there babies is born they dont want me to start im only pointing out that not everyone is bad that are on benifits i hate being on them.

the 500 pound is now going to be for people who have there first child which is great coz the amount of people that have kids 2 or 3 or more kept getting it but now they see the point i see why when you can hand a cot down you can get a mattress to replace it from argos for a bout 40 quid sterilisers can be cleaned and used again clothing can be passed down either if you havea boy already or a girl already. theres people that are pregnant now that misses out on the 190 quid as there stopping it too.

bu yeah if you claim tx credits you can get 500 pound deppending on your household income and deffo chase them up about it to sort it out

I don't think we'll ever agree on this topic lol.
I know the truth about why I'm on benefits and sometimes I do feel like I have to explain myself but I don't and no one else does either. I know I'm well enough to have a baby, but I also know I have a chronic illness that won't go away and that I will always have to manage the symptoms. When my child goes to nursery I'll be going back into part-time work. I'm 29 and I chose to have my baby. This illness has stopped me from doing so much, and I put off getting pregnant because there was no way I could look after myself let alone a child.
Anyway girls I still think it's unfair that people who do work can't get the same help but be truly grateful that you're able to work. I will at some point but there are so many genuine people who will never be able to have a job and who feel even worse because they can't.
This topic is not all black and white there are so many grey areas and we could spend days and days arguing bur never come to a real conclusion.
:hug:

Yeah its just an opinion, and i totally agree with flexi!!!!

i agree that not all will agree lol

flexi should get the money after the baby is born so long as she is not on a too high of an income and the reason it for the people on lower incomes is because it them that need it most

if i am ever lucky enough to earn over the threshold of being able to claim i would be 1 happy person

Yeah its just an opinion, and i totally agree with flexi!!!!

Yeah and we are all entitled to our opinion :)
But if anyone wants to judge me I say walk a mile in my shoes first
X

each to their own lol.....

I'd rather be working or my fella be working at least we wouldn't have to rely on the system, But I am grateful I got the chance after working my arse off for fours years I needed a break from it as it was making me ill :( and I knew that a doctor wouldn't give me a sick note so I quid work and signed on to see if I could find a better job...

sadly no

But it was the best thing ever I got my baby :) the stress from working from stopping me concieving I'm guessing and I'm only getting what I've paid in back. As I have worked before.

As for the grants I never expected them to be honest my sister told me about them and yes they help you out when your on the breadline.

people on benefits are all the same in some peoples opinions doesnt matter if you have worked your ass off in the past or cant work now for medical reasons your still seen as scum and scroungers but until them people have to rely on benefits they will never change opinions

i never asked for a disabled child just like people never asked to become disabled or get made redundant due to the recession or have most of the jobs taken by people overseas most people dont make a lifestyle choice to be on benefits its something that can not be avoided i face losing my home because im on benefits and loose around £30,000 on the house price but i simply have no choice

hey not everyone gets everything while on benifits i dont get everything thats for sure i couldnt get oa house even thou we needed it there only pay 100 pound a month on rent there not paying council tax

i apply for benefits on a daily basis on behalf of the local authority for people who are unalbe to do this for them selfs, mental health problems, chronic illness's learning disabilities the list is endless but when i apply if you have savings or a decent paid job basically they wont pay for all your rent, but if your just reciving state benefits in such as IS and have less than £16k savings then you should b receiving higher Housing Ben & C.Tax benefit than that hun,

have a look on here, cos im sure u shud b gettin more help than that towards ur rent & ctax,

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTa...tsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018926

good luck!

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU