Sorry, bit of a moan!

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Yeah i apologize in advance if this is an essay, I have a feeling it might be :/

Anywho since i've been pregnant I feel like me myself has completely changed! I used to be fun and happy and active. But now I just feel like crying all the time! I can hardly sleep atm and I have no chance of a lie in because of work.
Physically I feel hideous too, I am really proud of my bump but I seem to have put on weight everywhere else and whilst other people still manage to look good in maternity wear I don't! All of my clothes seem to either look like a sack of spuds on me or are too tight or uncomfortable. Not only this but my hair is getting soooo greasy all the time and I keep getting spots and cannot seem to cover them up very well with make up, my ankles have swollen, I keep getting terrible heartburn and just generally look and feel like poop!
None have my friends have been in touch for ages either, i've tried texting and facebooking but nothing, one of my friends even walked past the shop I work in today and I waved and walked towards her for a chat and all she did was smile at me slightly and carried on walking :/.

So I look & feel horrible, am soooo tired from work all the time and have 0 social life :(
My OH seems to be getting quite irritable with me now too, all I do is cry all the time. My OH's friends have invited him out on the town this weekend too and it sounds selfish but i really don't want him to go. It doesnt seem fair that all I seem to do is eat, sleep and work. Is that really selfish of me to not want him to go?
Feel so fed up :/
xx

So many things change when you get pregnant but it's not gonna be like this forever hun :(

I myself would prob say to him go, have a nice time, and treat myself to a takeaway and a nice candlelit relaxing bath..a bit of 'me' time.

With the friends situation, I found when i was pregnant with my son, that most of my friends were pregnant/didnt have kids so they didnt really know how to handle me?? Does that make sense?? The kind of thought because Im pregnant I didnt want to be invited down the pub etc or out for dinner ...

It took me a couple of times of initiating things for them to realise.

Hope you feel a bit better soon hun xxx

Oh dear you are in the wars love. It will pass honest. think it'sfine that you don't want your other half to go out as you feel like your life is on hold at the moment I'm guessing. However I wouldnt stop him, make plans to pamper yourself, get yourself some new smellies and creams and read a book or watch a good film (not a weepy!). The time will soon pass and he will be grateful for his pass out. it is difficcult for our other halves as they can't help you or take any of the burden. But it's not forever love and you will forget all about the miserable days when you finally meet your baby.
As for your friends maybe they feel alienated by your "grown up" life of pregnancy and relationships. Sometimes you grow apart from your old friends and make new ones it's part of life. Hang on in there, your more than half way there. Retail work is hard work maybe take a coupleof days holiday tagged onto your days off.It might just help you recharge your batteries a bit.
Rope your family if they are close by for some help (someone else cooking is always a nice help it's good to be looked after now and again.
Hope you feel better about things soon. x

Thanks to you both :) and yeah none of my other friends have children. I've tried asking them out for lunch and pub type things but I just seem to get excuses like no money or not free and it just never happens. All they seem to want to do is go clubbing, which i'd be too uncomfortable doing now I think i'd be worried about being bumped into and wouldnt want to babysit them being drunk. So maybe they were just clubbing buddies . So hard to re-establish friendships with new people though
xx

I know its tough hun...im in the same boat re friends but to be honest...I would define 'friends' as people who understand you...if they cant accomodate your changes then well, I would prob reconsider bothering with them!! Sounds harsh but friends are supposed to be there for you through whatever!! xx

It really sucks doesn't it. Am thinking i'm going to get so bored when I go on maternity leave. When the babies here though I'm thinking (hoping) it might be easier to make friends as there's so many more groups you can go to and can bond with people over babies. Thats what i'm hoping anyway. lol xx

Yep thats what I did with my first!! I joined a baby group and not only did I make friends so did my little man :)

Just realised how close we are in due dates :) Exciting xxx

I know 4 days apart :D very exciting! Love feeling kicks, that cheers me up loads. I can only feel them on the inside atm though, have you felt them on the outside yet?
Aw so this is your second son, is your eldest excited about having a baby brother?
This is my first, I still feel a little clueless about everything, this site is a god send though! :D
xxx

Awww you'll be fine..

Yes my second son, I cant believe it, I always wanted two little men in my life :) my son is soooo excited bout having a little brother!! He told me before my 20 wk scan that he only wanted a boy lol

I am feeling kicks and have seen a couple on the outside but nothin major!!

How you coping in the heat?? I hate it lol xx

The heat is getting so annoying, cannot sleep in it at all!!! I wouldn't mind so much if the sun was out, wish it would just frickin rain already!
Aww little boys are supposed to be like that though, thinking that all girls are gross and have cooties! Haha. How old is your eldest?
xx

Hes just turned 3 so theres a nice age gap between them :) yeah he doesnt like girls lol I love the fact that I will have two boys to look after me...all my exes have been right mummies boys and ive hated it...Im gonna be the mum in law they hate lmao :)

Good on you for staying team yellow!! I would have loved to but wanted to be prepared as Im on my own :( xx

Yeah I can imagine it'd mean you have to be a lot more organised and prepared. I don't blame you I think if I was having my second I would have found out simply because you'd know whether to buy new things, if you'd got things in a certain colour and if you'd need an extra room etc, it's just a lot more practical. But I thought for my first it doesn't really matter or make a difference with the sex cos i've gotta go out and buy new anyway lol.
And not completely on your own I hope, hope you get plenty of support from your family.
xxx

It's definitely much easier to make new friends once your baby is born, there are so many mother and baby groups out there and having a new baby immediately gives you so much in common and to talk about, you'll have no problems at all. Have you thought about joining an ante-natal class to meet some other pregnant women? That might be a way to make new friends whilst you are still pregnant. About the crying all the time etc - I am really sorry that you are feeling so crappy, and often it is a completely normal part of pregnancy and goes away after the baby is born, but maybe you should mention it to your midwife, maybe she has a few tips on how you can make yourself feel better? Just a thought. Thinking of you, and hope you feel better soon! (And by the way, I look like spotty, greesy a sack of potatoes no matter what I wear, it that helps! ;-))

I'm sure you don't look like that at all. I'm actually feeling a lot better today probably due to the fact that I have a day off and i've managed to have a lie in :D woop!!!
I shall still have a word with the midwife when I go to see her though, as I suffered with depression in the past and I've been constantly worried it might rear it's ugly head again.
I'm going to try and book into ante-natal classes too, although my midwife said I might not have much chance of getting in as it gets full very quickly :/ so fingers crossed I can.
Thankyou for all your help girls :) xxx

Huge hugs hun, so far I have had quite an emotional pregnancy, I cry at everything! I am lucky that my friends are being great, but they are all mums. Sadly its my sister I am having issues with! Hope things start and get better for you soon x x x

Aww Lilmoomin I just read about your sister, it sounds as though she is being very selfish and I don't think you should spend any more time worrying about it. Your having a much wanted little girl and a healthy one at that, you should be over the moon! My sister was a right pain at first, completely ruined my 20 weeks scan by making us late and moaning the whole time, and kept smoking around me. She told me today though that she's set up a bank account for baba and has been putting money in there!!! And she's a student! I nearly fell off my chair! Anyway the point is, i'm sure she will come round eventually and absolutely love your beautiful little girl. And if she doesnt come round then your much better off!
Big Hugs to you too :)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back