Sophia is in hospital

Oh no how awful sending you lots of cuddles hope Sophia is better very soon x x

Well the docs are pretty convinced it is bronchialitis caused by RSV. Our 4 year old had a bad cold and cough so they reckon she has probably picked it up from her. Now she has started school full time she is around so many bugs!!

They've taken a test of her mucous but we won't have the results for 3 days and she may be home by then hopefully. She was ok during the night, didn't eat much but is making up for it today :) although she has to stick to small feeds every 2 hours, she's going mad cos she is so hungry!

Her breathing is a little less noisy but her chest is crackling and it dips deeply when she takes breathes, using her tummy muscles to help herself breathe. Good news is she doesn't seem to have a temp and the doc thinks we got her in at the right time before she became seriously ill. She still needs oxygen but not a huge amount. She has been quite alert this morning so thats a good sign. Still no dirty nappies though :(

My poor big girl must be so confused, I'm worried she is going to be thinking all sorts after all we've been through. Please pray she starts to pick up as they want her to be over this before she goes anywhere as she is at risk of other infections too :(

Praying that she continues to improve quickly :hug: So glad you took her in when you did x x

So glad that she is moving in the right direction, have been thinking of you all xx

So sad to read this, but glad she is starting to pull through. hugs xxxxx

Laura so sorry to hear you are all going through this, hope she is better soon so you can get her home. My friends 5 month old recently had bronchialitus and it's bloody awful, can imagine it must be a million times worse for a newborn. Sending you all the best :hug:

what a little trooper. hope she is feeling even better by now. prayers and hugs xxx

FX she gets better soon Laura. Poor little Sophia and I bet your other LO is missing her little sister :(
I hope she's right as rain and back home soon :hugs: x

Praying for Sophie tonight and your big girl, she must be confused bless her
.Big hugs to mummy too xx

I can't imagine how you must feel. I really hope she's improving, poor little lamb xx

Hope sophia is continuing to improve, thinking of you all :hugs: xx

Just seen this, how terrible for you, be thinking of you and wishing Sophia a speedy recovery, poor little thing xx

I've only just seen this! So sorry to hear Sophia is unwell Laura, hopefully she had. Good night and is well on the road to recovery by now. Thinking of you :hug: xxx

Good news girls :)

Sophia has been without oxygen since this morning, so if all stays the same now until tomorrow morning she can come home :) :) :)

I'm one tired mummy after 3 nights in hospital but I got to home to have a shower this afternoon whilst Daddy stayed with her for a couple of hours. Got to see my big girl too, she is so confused but is hoping we are home tomorrow - she is so worried about her sister, she is already uber protective of her.

Just so happy things have improved and midwife managed to see us in hospital today as we were due a home visit. I'm on anti biotics now for a uterine infection but as always my babies come first so they are my main priority. Hopefully though I can get myself right now :)

So here's hoping she has a good night and well be home tomorrow!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back