in hospital with kayla

just got home with her

there not too sure whats goin on,

she was fine in there but her oxygen saturation levels dropped low a few times but they dont know why, so gooon get a home monitor arranged for next week to see what she like in her normal environment and decide a course of action, he said it could be as simple as food coming up and obstructing her for a min to heart or loung issue so my nerves r gone now, im afrid to leave her to go t the loo n im bursting lol

hoping it is just the food, they also said im feeding her too much even though iv asked mw loads of times n she said it was fine to keep letting her have as much as she wanted

she wont be happy with less so il have a very upset baby come next feed

Glad your getting home!!

Thats what reflux is...when food gets stuck, thats what my LO had, I was also told to give less milk, which was very difficult.

Positioning is just as important as meds with reflux. Keep LO upright while feeding & still for 45mins after feed (30 if breastfeeding) dont lie LO down flat at any time. I have loads of info on reflux if you want some

We have one of those movement monitors which is a bit of peace of mind, but tbh even 2 weeks on, i'm still a nervous wreck.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad your getting home!!

Thats what reflux is...when food gets stuck, thats what my LO had, I was also told to give less milk, which was very difficult.

Positioning is just as important as meds with reflux. Keep LO upright while feeding & still for 45mins after feed (30 if breastfeeding) dont lie LO down flat at any time. I have loads of info on reflux if you want some

We have one of those movement monitors which is a bit of peace of mind, but tbh even 2 weeks on, i'm still a nervous wreck.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yeah hun id defo love any more info u have

does ur lo breath fast n make snoring noises with it too?

the monitor next week is the oxygen saturation trough the hospital just for one night is that whst u have or do u mean the breathin mat things u can buy? thinking of getting one too

Glad your getting home!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yeah hun id defo love any more info u have

does ur lo breath fast n make snoring noises with it too?

the monitor next week is the oxygen saturation trough the hospital just for one night is that whst u have or do u mean the breathin mat things u can buy? thinking of getting one too

Sorry I didn't reply sooner I forgot about this thread. How is your LO now? Were you given any medicine from the hospital?

My LO doesn't have any breathing probs, at first we did think it was breathing related (rather than reflux) but he was actually choking on the acid which was making him not breathe properly. But I have heard of babies having breathing problems with it & the snoring noises.

My LO was monitored overnight on a machine, I dont know if it was a saturation machine, or a heart machine, it was something that went off if LO was moving too much ect. We had a tommee tippee sensor mat from 5weeks (we didn't know about reflux) only prob I find is that...if LO is choking I dont know unless i hear the faint noises, as LO still actually breathes, the movement alarm only goes off if theres been no breaths (movement) for 15 secs. So it wont tell you if baby's breathing is irratic or whatever.

xxxxxxxx

Thanks hun

Still waiting on the home test, i called them up when i hadnt heard by tuesday like they said and no one called back

She has been ok breathing wise, well when i say ok i haven't freaked out but she still does all the funny noises and grunts but she has been getting progressively worse by the day with crying so we do think its reflux, she has pretty much cried from 530 today , she had her feed then and was so bad we ended up giving her the next one at 8 instead of 930 just to try calm her, called med doc and they said to take her up but she just went off to sleep so not gonna risk waking her but will be going up tmrw i think.

they had mentioned medication in the hosp but didnt wanna give it yet as they werent defo sure it was reflux and said the meds stop baby getting all the nutrients from the milk but at the moment id risk that to have a happy baby she gets so hysterical it kills me

Sounds like she might be comfort drinking? Thats a symptom of silent reflux, it soothes the pain. My consultant at the hosp said i'd been feeding LO too much (coz he was comfort drinking) & it had actually made his reflux worse. Have you tried all the usual things like keeping LO raised ect? Try the emergency doctors tomoz, maybe medicine is the best idea, no one mentioned to me about it stopping the nutrients, the one kayden was on it stopped the acid being produced...you can get different types.

Hope your LO is better soon

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah she was ok on my chest up to today and even that wouldnt work only standing her upright would help but shes a puddig from all the eatig so my arms were killing me

I think what they said was that they need the acid to help absorbe the nutrients or something like that but wasnt paying huge attention seen as they had said they werent giving her the meds anyway, im sure they cant do thata much harm or they woudnt be giiving them to babies, I think she does need something the poor thing was so hysterical it was unreal

Dont worry the meds are all completely safe for LO's & if reflux is left untreated it can cause damage to the throat & stomach, which sometimes needs an op to fix it in worse case senarios, the meds def alot better for them than that. And dont be disheartened if you get meds & they dont work, its trial & error & they start you at the most basic medicine first & keep going up til one works.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Chloe suffers from reflux but doesn't suffer any breathing problems because of it, sorry I can't be more helpful.

ladies I was just gonna post a thread about my 2 week old. He was born at 37 +5 weeks and was in scbu for 5 days. Hes been struggling to put on weight even though he is upping his milk. He takes over an hour sometimes just to have 3-4 ounces and takes a good hour and half to settle after. He makes gulping, gasping noises during feeding and for a long time after and will sometimes choke whilst feeding. We struggle to get up his wind and he always has more after we have winded him. He is only comfortable on our chest, his front or his side and cries when on his back. We are on Gaviscon infant and have changed teats etc but he is still suffering and I am exhausted. Does this sound like silent reflux? and can I get anymore help?????

Sorry your going thro this, yeah it does sound like silent reflux, my LO chokes but not during or directly after a feed. If the gaviscon doesn't work, go to the doc's, there is other meds you can try.

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back