in hospital with kayla

hugsy

Reaction score
Got panicked that she was breathing too fast and deep and was making weird noise kinda like oh snoring and just generally didnt seem right so called doc n went down but he wasn't happy to send us to hospital

They not sure if she getting some sort of infection or something with her larenx or maybe just reflux

hoping iv is t.e later so sacred she map gonna stop breathing

anyone who lo have reflux have problems watt fast breathing ?

Aw, I feel so bad for you and Kayla! I hope they figure out the issue quickly and solve it! Hugs!

Aww, really hope everything is ok... Thinking of you both... Xx

Thinking of you hunni hope Kayla is better very soon xxx

Chloe suffers from reflux but doesn't suffer any breathing problems because of it, sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hope you manage to get things sorted.

My LO has been a very strange breather since a few days after birth and she has been diagnosed with Laryn/Bronchomalicia, basically a floppy larynx. She always looked like she was working hard to breathe, still does at times esp when lay on her back when she is excited and after feeding. She has reflux too which luckily seems to be improving since we started weaning her. How old is she hun? The thing with my LO was that she was perfectly healthy, growing fine but had this strange noisy breathing?! She is actually a big girl for her age, will be 5 months on Sat and she is a proper chunky monkey!

My friends little girl ended up in hospital with this. They checked her over and she was fine. Told them to spray saline up her nose each night before bed and said she could grow out of it and just a valve somewhere is underdeveloped x

some babies just breathe weird at times for no apparent reason, hopefully it all turns out to be nothing, at least they're taking it seriously.

Hope they figure out what's wrong soon and its nothing serious xxx

Mummy to two beautiful boys; Lennon born 5th March 2006 and Jax born 24th October 2011 :) <3

Thanks girls

Laura she's 2 weeks old yeah the mentioned floppy larenx as a possibility . What symptoms did your lo have be is iv serious

princess was your lo making noises or just the fast breathing

Still waiting on diff doc to look at her and take blood poor mite but she seems fine now. Just trying to decide to stay with hop or not
will feel like such a bad mother if i go home but oh says if i stay i won't sleep n im exhausted as iv is so should try get sleep at home cos she ok now . What use think

Forgot to add at the end of my post that they said she would just grow out of it, like Princess said sometimes some things are just a little underdeveloped and just need a bit more time. X

I was in hospital 2 weeks ago because my LO was doing something similar, sounded like he was gasping for air, he was also going blue at the lips. The baby doctor diagnosed him severe acid reflux (silent reflux coz he was never sick) We were given gaviscon & ranitadine & it hasn't happened since.

Hope your LO is ok, try not to worry too much. I can barely sleep either so big hugs your not alone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's not serious generally, very rare for it to cause significant problems. They admitted her at 8 days old as they thought she had Bronchiolitis. I knew it wasn't but they were adamant it was that. She continued to be the same, her chest looked like she was taking very deep breaths and had recessions but only mainly when excited or in a certain position. Sometimes when she takes a really deep breath it's quote noisy now she is bigger. I might had a video somewhere when she was 1 week old.

It's never caused her a problem and they said she will have grown out of it by the time she is 2, if not before :)

She makes noise when she breathes, she sounds like a squeaky toy and she snorts too. My friend says she snores like a train at night too x

Oh princess that exact same as kayla oh says she like a dogs toy lol and snort
s

Sorry had to just hit send cos nurse came in mid type

She was perfectly fine up there so they decided to not bother taking thea bloods just yet and are just gonna monitor her over night and hopefully will discharge her in the morning and it was just one of those one off things, at least it will put my mind at east over her funny noises too

We decided to come home rather than sleep up there feeling very guilty but were only around the corner from hospital an oh is rite id be no good on my own with her all day after being awake all nite n be afraid id fall asleep when she sleeps tmrw and not notice if it happens again

stilll feel like a awful mother though :-( il prob end up going back up at 4 am

Aww thats a shame u didn't stay.

Hope you get some answers today.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member