soo paranoid :(

My1stBaby

Reaction score
ugh i cant shake off my anxiety stress and worry about my baby!! Even though the doctors have said they're not worried about brain development anymore (only deafness and learning difficulties) i keep feeling like somethings gonna go wrong and its really affecting me, not sleeping properly, crying all the time, had to have a 24 hour ECG and heart scan coz of chest pains and palpitations....

i feel ridiculous but i just feel like somethings gonna happen to baby or the doctors have been wrong about something!!! i have a growth scan on monday but im dreading it because i dont feel like hes grown much in the last couple of weeks (belly doesnt feel heavier at all) and my measurements have been 34cm since 32 weeks. the thought of them saying hes not growing properly just makes me feel sick i dunno if i can even go to the scan im petrified.

i so need these last few weeks to hurry coz i know stress is not good for baby i just dont know how to be positive !!!

sorry its not a very nice or happy post :( :(

xxx

Aaawww hunny :hug:. It's everyone's nightmare to be told something might be wrong and being told that everything is fine doesn't always make those fears go away. We are all running the gauntlet that something is wrong and hasn't been picked up on or that something will go wrong in labour but that's the chance we take. The odds of there being something wrong are very small in reality xxxxxxxx

I'm sure your in good hands and that they take good care of you ne your baby! You might even feel more relaxed after your scan tomorrow so you should definantly go! I keep having days when I just panick and don't know how to deal with things but I just try to push those nasty thoughts away and be positive!!

Wish you lots of luck!!

xx

I think its a normal part of impending mother hood regardless of any suspicion of difficulties. I think if you asked any of us we would say that we are having flashes of panic that something will go wrong or be wrong with baby when it comes out! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ok thanks ladies, ive been so caught up in thinking i feel like this becuase of everything thats happened but maybe its just normal even without complications! im gonna try try try my hardest to keep calm. went to ante natal class tonight and they way she was describing labour made it sound so much less scary then when you watch it on one born every minute lol... i think i might stop watching that programme coz i dont think it helps the anxiety!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Aww Hun!
Watchin 1BEM deffo doesn't help, thinking you'll scream the ward down and everything will end up in a panic, but remember they show the 'entertaining' ones... There's hundreds of babies being born all the time and you could be 1 in thousands to have a perfectly normal birth.
dont think of anything going wrong.

We all deffo have a little panic about what could happen and think there's so many things that could happen but chin up hun!
Positive attitude is a good thing.

I'm sure your scan tomorrow will be reassuring so you should go! xx

:hugs: firstly what your feeling is so normal, before every mw appointment I'm convinced they are going to tell me something is wrong! At one point during this pg I got myself on such a state I paid for a second private scam (that wouldn't be bad but I'd only had one a week before!!) we panic cause we love our LO and I suppose we are moms already in that respect.

You have been through the mill and back and personally think you have been so brave and handled everything so well. it's understandable your anxiety levels are higher than most.

Please try and relax though LO needs you to be calm :) oh and OBEM sends me into panic mode every week lol. especially the woman on the red nightie who screamed alot!! (she haunts my dreams lol)

Good luck at scan and trust me your prob not going to feel the weight increase, I know I haven't from wk to wk :)

Xxxx

thanks ladies you've made me feel calmer, ill update with my scan its tomoro morning im sure it will be fine but cant get that nagging 'omg panic' out of my head xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back