Palpitations - worried

helsbels

Reaction score
Hey y'all
For a few weeks I have been getting horrid palpitations which make me feel a little wierd. I spoke to MW about it and she reccommended that I go and see the GP and get an ECG.
I have been a bit rubbish, its that finding time thing!, and have not yet been but will in the next couple of days or so.
I was wondering if anyone here has had this since being pregnant, and if you had them checked out and what happened as am getting a bit concerned.
Any advice/ stories much appreciated :hug:
XHelsx

from what i know palpitations can occur normally during pregnancy due to the extra blood flow. if you had no problems before you became pregnant and your not feeling breathless or light headed or anything then i wouldn't worry too much. best to maybe get it checked out just to put your mind at rest though and make sure you are ok but it most probably is just a pregnancy thing. so don't worry and when they happen just try to sit quietly and breath deeply through them and they should ease. i found that worked for me. don't panic and they will not damage your heart in any way either. hope this helps :hug:

id get it checked out asap, to be on the safe side, after all if you havent got your heart, you got nothing.

Good luck and im sure everything will be fine :hug:

I've posted on this in detail for other people in the past here as I have had palpitations for years before becoming PG and also had them in pregnancy, only far more severe and frequently in pregnancy.

In pregnancy they are quite normal, especially in third tri. In fact they are quite normal when not PG only most people don't even notice they are having them :p

And ECG is straightforward and chances are will not show anything out of the ordinary. Chances are the Doctor won't do anything as palpitations usually right themselves just fine. I had them all the way thorugh pregnancy and they were often massive (to the point where I felt everything stop for 5-10 seconds plus each time) and was never pescribed any meds or further treatment.

I don't have time to write and explain what your body is doing when it has a palpitation. Just remember to keep breathing and if doing something like walking up the stairs just stop for a few seconds and wait for it to pass. There is no damage being done to your heart from them and usually once baby arrives they will stop as your body returns to normal.

Thanks so much guys, I feel very reassured! :hug:
Will go to the GP on Monday just to be on the safe side but its clearly normal for many.
Thanks again :)

I think you're doing the right thing getting checked out. Hope all goes well at your appointment :D

Its normal to get them in pregnancy. I've had them quite a lot and mentioned it to the doctor who said not to worry about it as its completely normal in pregnancy. I'm sure it will be the same for you too. But maybe go to the doctors just to put your mind at rest :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back