So worried after my MMC

*Hope*

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just found this site and the forum looks great, especially liking this section as i am pregnant (around 8-11 weeks but have my first scan tomorrow) I had a missed misscariage last year and had no clue, went in for my 12 week scan soo excited, and no heart beat. i didnt have any blood or pains and they said the baby had died at 8 or 9 weeks.

I cant stop worrying, how do you all cope with this??

does any one know the statistics on my chances of having a healthy second pregnany please?? xxx

Haven't a clue, but looks as though I'm in the same club :hug:

Haven't a clue, but looks as though I'm in the same club :hug:

are u pregnant too now after a mmc?
its so scary i just want my scan tomorrow, but at he same time i dont in case it is bad news!! wish there was someting we could do to up our chances of it all working out ok this time. x

Once you see a HB your chances of going to term increase to something like 95% or more.

Good luck tomorrow - I'm sure everything will be ok and I cant wait to hear all about it :)

Yup, had a mmc in october at 11+6, baby went at 8+6 though, so I think that will be when I really freak out. I have raised issues around the fact that I didn't feel listened to when I had concerns at 9 weeks when all my symptoms went, so am hoping that I will get a bit more support this time. AF isn't due until Thursday though, so think I will get through the weekend and then go to see my GP.

Have u had any bleeding this time? I know it is a bit of a random question, but that is the bit that scares me atm :hug:

DH has been really quiet this morning, I think he is really worried about it all happening again....

Thanks guys, I am so confused about all these abbreviations, v new to this pregnancy forum stuff, what is DH sorry?

I have had no bleeding no, but i didnt before either so that doesnt make me feel too safe? :( also i had a scan at 6 weeks and they did an early scan and found a heart beat last time :( was all very unexpected and tragic for us... in a way it is nice to have people here who know exactly how i feel.

Just want tomorrow morning to be here.

Good luck to you this time too!!!xx

DH: dear husband, there is a thread on the front page that gives u the main ones used

Hope everything goes well tomorrow for u :hug:

I think once you've had a loss that fear will be there :( But the excitement does come when you feel abit more condident within the pg :)

Good luck with the scan and Welcome to Pregnancy Forum :)

thanks so much, shall let you all know, whther i am beaming or sobbing!! xx

I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow :hug:

will be thinking of you tomorrow

let us know how u get on

im sure everything will be fine x

Hi thankyou!

Had the scan - I am only 5 weeks!!! couldve cried when she told me that!

although everything seems to be in the right place and all ok thank god. just gonna be a traumatic 7 weeks!

they are giving me another scan in 3 weeks time to check for a heartbeat, scary 3 weeks now for me xx

Glad everything is where it should be, keep us posted and try to relax as much as possible in the upcoming weeks, everything crossed for you xx

i keep feeling my boobs hoping hey are still sore as that is almost my only main symptom!!

is it normal for boobs to be sorer sometimes more than others??????? right now they dont fee as sore as this morning! scares the hell out of me x

Symptoms will fluctuate throughout the day hun and some days symptoms are stronger than others, try not to worry :hug:

Hiya! im in the same boat and cant help but worry.
Im 18 years old and had a MMC at 17 weeks nov 5th 2008 but baby was only 9 weeks and was annoyed because i had all my dates right and the lady who scanned me said i was wrong! i knew i was 10 weeks but she said i was actually only 7 weeks and never offered me another scan til i started to bleed at 17 weeks, my little one had been gone for 8 weeks.

I then fell pregnant again in April 2009 with my daughter Scarlett, everything seemed fine i even had morning sickness for weeks with her, i had a suprise scan at 14 weeks and she was fine then when i was 20 weeks i didnt feel everything was ok so went to the midwives and again, i'd had a MMC, She died at 14-15 weeks and i had to give birth to her :(

Today i am 6 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, i am on 5mg folic acid and a low dose aspirin as my consultant couldnt find anything wrong and the autopsy came back she was healthy.
I cant wait to start feeling sick again so i know everything is ok but its impossible not to worry.

There are no statistics.. my consultant told me i have to think that this is my first pregnancy, i dont have more or less chance of having another MC than anyone else and just try to be positive!

I hope everything goes well for you at you're scan, dont be scared to ask them anything even if u think its going to annoy them.. aslong as you and your baby are safe thats all that matters ;)

lots of love and luck to you all
and lots of floaty kisses to your angels in heaven
Letitia
xxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members