Pregnant and worried...

MissJ

Reaction score
Hi.. im new to this site and thought id ask for a bit of advice..

Im currently 7 weeks pregnant following a miscarriage last year, i have already had a scan at 4+4 due to bad stomach pains.. i have my 2nd scan on friday to check baby's progress.
I am absolutly terrified!

I am finding myself preparing for the worst as a self preservation i suppose, i know i should be positive but im finding it very hard.

I have had stomach pains on and off since i got my bfp, which is also worrying me.

With my last pregnancy, i started to bleed at 13 weeks, however when i was scanned it turned out my baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks.

This is all just whirring around in my head, and its getting a bit much for me now.. can anyone offer any advice x x

Hi MissJ

Sorry to hear you're having a worrying time... hope the scan went well yesterday. I had two mcs last year and know exactly how you're feeling. The pains can be normal, just stretching, so try not to worry.

As you can see from my ticker, I am now well into my 3rd trimester, which goes to show you can easily go on to have a successful pregnancy. Although I have to admit, worrying does come with the territory. I've just had to take each day and week as it comes, and heave a huge sigh of relief at each milestone.

I really hope you've got good news and can relax a little and enjoy your pregnancy :hug: :hug: :hug:

Early pregnancy is terribly worrying, I didnt start to feel like i could "relax" until I had my 12 week scan.

i think what you need to remember is just because it has happened it before it does NOT mean it will happen again. I used to experience odd pains sometimes similar to period pains and it was very worrying but it is the uterus preparing and getting ready to make a hopme for the new baby...

I think at the moment it will feel like a bit of a waiting game to you, but weeks will turn to months and before you know it you will be shouting the news about your pregnancy from the rooftop...

Althought easier said then done try not to worry until something actually does happen otherwise you will spend all day everyday worrying and basically tearing your hair out... Try to busy yourself with everyday life and wait to see if you pregnancy is viable.

the one thing that helped me in the beginning is although i was pregnant i didnt class it as a pregnancy until i knew it was definatly viable (my 10wk scan helped) this isnt being negative or expecting the worst it is more being realistic, once you get further into your pregnancy you will start to relax more...

:hug:

Hi MissJ,

Congratulations on your pregnancy :cheer: but sorry to hear that you are fraught with worry. I can sympathise as I had a m/c last year too, and although I'd had 2 children before, I convinced myself that this was it.....there was something dreadfully wrong with me and that I would never have another one again!!!

I went through this constant worry in the first few weeks of this pregnancy - was even paranoid about going to the loo and where I hadn't worried before, I stressed about every little twinge. As the others have said, it is very normal to have stretching pains and aches in the first weeks of pregnancy. There's every chance this time you'll be fine - there are lots of women on this site who've gone on to have successful pregnancies after m/cs, and I know of several more. All I can suggest really is try to stay positive, and as Steelgoddess said, keep busy. I really hope this one works out for you. :hug:

Hi and congrats on your pregnancy.

I'm in the same boat as you - pregnant after a missed miscarriage. Try not to worry, although if you're like me that's not easy. I'm trying to hope for the best while ignoring the worry as much as I can. I went for my scan at 12 weeks and found out baby had died at 7. I'm now 9 weeks and hoping its different this time but only time will tell.

As Daisy has said (and keeps telling me, the sweetheart!) the chances of it happening again are low so try and enjoy your pregnancy and stay positive.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back