So the journey begins... now what?

meegs

Reaction score
New to this site, did a preg test this am and it had a faint line on it. Bit scared now. What is the next step?
I am travelling at the moment and will be back in the UK in a couple of months.
Looking forward to getting to know you on this wonderful journey. OMG how and when do you tell people... so many questions.

LOL, im sorry no one has relpied, normally you post and someone replies within seconds :) welcome.. were very friendly in here :hug: any questions you have ..ask away! are you traveling with your other half in tow? is this your first? everyone is a little scared at first dont worry :) was the pregnancy planned? do you have a doctor of midwife you can see? sorry for the questions lol congrats hun xx

yeah he's in tow, doesn't believe it though says the 2nd line is normally there.
No doctor or midwife. When do you normally need to see one? First one, not really planned but we had spoken about having kids
will ask more later

Travelling you say? Erm wow that has the possibility of complicating things, but it depends on how fast and how strong your symptoms come on. You didnt say where you are travelling so its hard to give you any advice specific to your situation. I would be very careful of the food and drink you consume. Make sure meat is well cooked and only drink bottled water if you are unsure of the local water supply.

Personally I wouldnt tell anyone yet. Its too early and not great tming with you still travelling.

If you were not travelling you would need to see your GP, and get the ball rolling.

in Australia so shouldn't be too much of a prob. It does seem very early as I had a 'feeling' I was, so did the test, period not due for another couple of days, hence boyf not believing it yet. Will do another test day period is due

I would check your travel insurance will cover the cost of you having to change your ticket date.....just in case. You dont want to be having to find all that out in a hurry. Best to be prepared. Flying is not dangerous despite common belief, however I wouldnt like to be having 'complications' at 30,000 feet.

Also find out if about seeing a doc there. Do you have to pay for it? How fast can you see a doc? In a couple of weeks it might be best just to get your blood pressure checked and get it confirmed by a blood test.

Good luck.

Heey :) welcome!! hope you have a really good pregnancy!

hi and welcome :wave: congratulations on your bfp hope you have a happy healthy 9 months :D xxxxxx

hiya congrats i hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy

congratulations - the most importnat thing to do know is to get taking your folic acid if you haven't already.

400micrograms a day (should be available from most chemists in oz I think) helps the babies spine and back to form properly and prevents problems like spinabifida so VERY important :)

do you have any oz friends with kids there that you can ask about their system? you will need to make an appointment to see your GP so that they can book you in for antenatal care when you return to the UK. How many weeks will you be by then?

congratulations on your BFP!! I agree with what everyone is saying about the doc. You should try and find out if you can get to the doc.

I haven't seen the mid-wife yet but they say people do seem to book in with her around 8 - 10 weeks. There is also the 12 week ultrasound scan. Blood tests at 12 week also? And 20 week scan? What else have I missed?

Don't worry about things though. Congrats again! And have a happy and health 9 months!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back