Do I continue...

Mrs_B

Reaction score
...to cycle to work now I am pg or should I not risk anything & stop?

The journey is about 2 miles each way and I do go on a couple of busy roads. I only started about a month ago and just paid out for the bike!

What do you all reckon? What would you all do if it was you?

U should b fine...a friend of mine continued goin everywhere on her bike til givin up work at 38 weeks gone!! Im continuing at the gym and swimming. But might b worth settin off 10 minutes earlier and pacing yourself a bit more x

Ah thanks, thats reassuring to hear.

I am keeping up with the swimming, I actually stayed in the pool today without the need to get out and be sick, so that was a bonus. Keeping a supply of ginger biscuits on me at all time is helping and I had one before I got in the pool.

I have been cycling a lot slower this week and slowed down my swimming pace. The last few weeks I have been working real hard and racking up the lengths.

I am giving up the pole work though, dont want to cause myself any injury.

Have you made your workouts easier?

urgh you two are making me feel so lazy!! I need a drink even at the thought of cycling :D

good for you though mrsB, keep it up, it will be great for you both and you might aswell enjoy it until you reach a point where you might not be able to do it anymore.

Lol, I am sorry, didnt mean to make you feel lazy.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Im due to see my instructor soon so im gonna get him to do me a pregnancy routine,not interested in losing weight now,so the intensity will need to be reduced.
Iv just been avoiding some of the resistance machines and slowin down the cardio as soon as i start to get too out of breath.
Ive upped my swimming tho,but im not a strong swimmer anyway so didnt do a massive amount in the first place x

i havnt touched my bike since i got my bfp i just wont take any chances but depends on how you feel about it

You should be fine, I would stop when your bump makes your balance more unsteady - great exercise! :)

well done for you all keeping up the fitness!i wish i could but am currently suffering a very sore back (all swimming related unfortunately!!) have to stick to walking now!! xx

I started fast walking 6k every morning on a treadmill ,when I was TTC, I didn't start back running like I used to, as I knew I wanted to be pregnant , so feel it's ok to carry on. had a few days off recently, as fell sick , and have been doing it at 630am when you feel so hungry at the same time.

Keep up the good work as you had already been doing it, should be prefectly fine to carry on and will help you and baby during your pregnancy X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back