So frustrating!

LauraJane9

Reaction score
I didn't realise wtt would be such a long wait! It's weeks before my preconception doctors appointment and I don't think I've had a rubella vaccination so it's definately a month wait after that and it'll probably be weeks between the initial appointment and a blood test to check and then weeks before I actually have the vaccination! I was all geared up and ready to go to the doctors a few days ago only to call in the morning to find they don't do same day appointments anymore, arrgh!

I'm already thinking way ahead, I've been looking at all the things a baby will need and have planned how to tell our family's, I'm already thinking of names! I've already got in a load of pregnancy tests!

I've always been inpatient but now I'm psychoticly impatient, is this a built-in thing for us women? I didn't think broodiness was quite so all consuming!

I can only talk to my OH and I think I've given him numerous headaches already!

you are not psychotic (well, you might be...but then we all are so at least insanity has company!) It totally takes over your brain, i think we are a tad wired that way but also because its all around you in advertising and babies are everywhere, it just reminds you constantly! I find that when you think youre pregnant but its too early to test, those weeks take YEARS by feeling and you see pregnancy signs everywhere!! In short, you're not going nuts, youre a woman! haha sucks that you have to wait a while to try, I'll wait with you if you like? We're waiting until december/january ish time for several reasons, how long do you think it will be for you now?

you are not psychotic (well, you might be...but then we all are so at least insanity has company!) It totally takes over your brain, i think we are a tad wired that way but also because its all around you in advertising and babies are everywhere, it just reminds you constantly! I find that when you think youre pregnant but its too early to test, those weeks take YEARS by feeling and you see pregnancy signs everywhere!! In short, you're not going nuts, youre a woman! haha sucks that you have to wait a while to try, I'll wait with you if you like? We're waiting until december/january ish time for several reasons, how long do you think it will be for you now?

I think we'll be trying around january too :D I'm just going to try and stay distracted until then! It seems everywhere I turn there's a pregnant woman or a baby and so many people I know are expecting! Oh the two week wait, I've read loads about it on here, I wonder how many women actually wait that long before they start testing? I know I won't be able to stop myself poas for two weeks so I think I should really stock up!

lol yeah i think you have to try not to cave as long as possible or you end up doing it obsessively, its addictive haha!! yay we can be TTC buddies if you like LOL

Oh I didn't realise I had a reply, not got the hang of notifications yet sorry. TTC buddies sounds great! :) The horrible receptionist at my Doctors messed up my blood test appointment date so that's another week added on to the wait, that'll make it a month just waiting for a blood test! It'll be January 2020 at this rate! Lol

I'm finding myself reading constantly about pregnancy and caring for a baby, my OH thinks I'm nuts but I like to be prepared! :)

How are you getting on?

Ahhhh being prepared is good, dont let it take over too much haha! Maybe make a sort of WWT bucket list, like a list of all the things you want to do before you have a baby to make it hard to do it! Id put on there things like take a spontaneous road trip with the hubby and book no hotels just take a tent and go somewhere, spend an entire day in a bubble bath with just a book and some music, and climb a mountain with my dogs and the hubby. those are just a few lol, we had our first early unprepared, wouldnt change it for the world though lol will just have to do these things when the kids are off to uni!

Im doing ok really, still havent had an AF since the miscarriage so waiting on tenderhooks for that, but my precious working springer is due to whelp her litter of pups next week so its all go to prepare for that really! its sort of a blessing in the coping sector, i know i get so sick im barely human when pregnant so i CANT get pregnant now until all the little pups leave for their new homes in january or risk being too tired to give them my full care and attention! That and knowing i can have a glass of wine at christmas :D the special co-sleeper cot i bought for the one we lost has been packed away safely so it cant taunt me anymore, that was making it harder!!!!

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. A pre baby bucket list is a great idea, I'll have to think of some things :)
My two dogs were hard enough work when I got them at ten weeks so I can't imagine looking after a whole litter of new borns, no wonder you're waiting!

What breed of dogs do you have?? yeah It's tough going with any pup let alone a litter, but my girls (dogs) are workers so its totally worth it, i LOVE raising them, giving them official kennel club names (like baby naming 9 times haha) and getting them ready to go off and work for new owners. we are very lucky to be well connected with our puppy owners, i get to see them lots and see how theyre working later on :D sorry puppy side line lol! got any ideas what to put on your list then?

I could talk about dogs all day so it's ok, I have two Shih Tzus so not working dogs lol my OH had never had a dog before so I thought we had better chose an easy going breed, it's quite a far cry from the breeds I would of chosen but (this will make me sound insane) these two are so wonderful they bring a tear to my eye on a frequent basis! And they are amazing with children and babies! It must be wonderful looking after puppies and finding them loving homes, is it ever hard to let them go?

I'm struggling with a bucket list because all the things I want to do are kind of family days out! I bet I'll think of plenty once it's too late lol

im a sentimental beast as well so i thought it would be hard, our first litter was to my other girl Holly, she is just a perfect family member and so patient with my kids so it was lovely to breed her, i thought it would be tough to say goodbye and it was a little emotional every time but i was so excited for them to be in new homes! theyre HARD work and i was pregnant last time so welcomed the quiet house ready to have my own baby lol this time im not pregnant and thats wonderful in itself as it will be easier on my energy levels this time! Its my younger girl having a litter this time, Isla, and even though ive delivered loads of puppies to many dams, more than just my own as i often get asked to be a dog midwife to other (male) breeders lol, i still get anxious for them and pray like mad for it all to be fine! shes due monday, so 48hours around that is considered normal, gave her a trim today so she's less hairy 'down there' lol ;)

Sounds like your girl is in good hands :) men can be such wussies lol you'll have to let me know how it all goes, once you get time that is!

Lovely tickers too! :)

It's a good thing i went with my gut and trimmed and got her ready yesterday, she whelped last night and needed minimal help :D seven gorgeous pups in the house now, its all go!:stork:
no sleep for me though, unless you count dozing in between pups under the heat lamp as Isla preferred to be in the cool dark bit of the den lol

how are you doing today?

That's great news that it went well, hopefully you're not too tired to enjoy the the adorable little puppies!

Today is great, we told my OH's sister yesterday that we were planning on having a baby and her reaction was brilliant, she's already being supportive saying she'll keep all her baby stuff for us and saying she and I can go to mother and baby classes together, my own sister didn't react very well and we've hardly spoken since I told her so it was really nice to have a positive reaction for a change!

oh no, whys your sister against it?! theyre fab honestly, Isla is a star and my girls are loving having little puppy cuddles :)

I haven't been able to figure it out but knowing my sister it's for a selfish reason, she's suddenly decided she doesn't need me in her life and wants to cut me out, it sounds extreme but I think me having family priorities makes me useless to her and since she only sees people for what she can get out of them I am now redundant and she's probably angry that I had the cheek to get on with my life instead of having my life on hold everytime she deems hers more important.

It's a pretty depressing conclusion to come to but it's hard to deny after all the stuff she's done over the years.

Oh that's not a good situation, sorry, I know family sometimes suck...my mother is proof of that, but it's always tough to deal with, sorry! :/

Yes families really can suck! It's ok though I've made my peace with the fact that my sister is a she devil! I just wish she didn't still live with my Mum because that just makes things awkward, christmas should be an interesting one this this year :wall:

is she happy about it all, or like your sister about it?

the pups are great thanks, one is making a funny noise when he breathes so going to have the vet look at him again, they were checked over at 3 days old, other than that theyre gaining weight nicely :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back