Early Scan

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
well, I've just been to my doctors appointment, and though she said they won't do an early scan unless I've had miscarraige symtpoms such as bleeding etc, she did ring the hospital on the off chance....so the I have an appointment for my first scan on 7th feb. another two weeks to wait, and I'll be about 9 weeks then. Hoping a heartbeat will show up at that stage?? ohhhh, I;m sooo nervous already!!

xxx

Ooo kee p us posted sweety xx

Great news, glad they are letting you have an early scan.

The didn't let me and it made me rather cross.

can't wait to see your pics

That's great news, keep us posted x

You should see a heart bit even at 5+ in an internal scan. At almost 9 weeks you will see a proper baby not only a hb :) good luck.
I will go for. A private scan at 6+ I think andi am properly shitting it...

9 weeks you'll see more than the HB hun!

I am surprised that you were told you couldn't have the scan to begin with?? Even after m/c #1 I was told I would get scanned at 7 weeks?

Anyhoo I am glad they were able to fit you in!

Piccies after event please

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi Karolina, how are u feeling? Try stay as positive as possible I'm sure that's easier said than done though!! I'm sure it will go well, keep in touch xx

Hi Karolina

I am pregnant (6 weeks) after a MMC and my doctor referred me for an early scan but I was turned down by the hospital as their policy around early scans without any other problems is 2 or more miscarriages.

To tell you the truth I was petrified about having an early scan so I was fairly relieved when I was told this.

I send all my baby dust to you and hopefully we can track our new pregnancies together

x

It seems that the hospital policy is to only give an early scan if 1/ you have possible mc symptoms like bleeding or 2/ if you have had more than one previous mc. So I didnt fall into either category, but my docotr was very nice and offered to ring the hospital to see if they would book me an appointment...and they (reluctantly!) did!! My doctor said that something might be said to me when I go for the scan??!! I think she means that they might not be too happy at having to scan me!!! So that makes me feel even more anxious never mind going for the scan! lol

Ker, I'm ok thanks, feeling sicky on and off but I guess it is reassuring that the pregnancy symptoms are still here! How are things with you? xx

Things are good with me, still trying, but AF has been over the place of late, I don't feel like I've been ovulating...or maybe I'm just trying not to let myself get disappointed..hope ure well xx

Hey Ker,

It will just take time for things to settle after the mc, try not to worry about it. I worried the whole time whilst ttc, but it actually happened when I wasnt even trying and didnt have 'baby' on my mind! Take care of yourself xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back