DH going away

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Next Monday DH is off up to Bristol for a course to do with his accounting exams. I don't really want him to go but understand that it will benefit us in the end. He'll be away til Thursday :( Last time he went was when I was 5 weeks pregnant and had a ectopic pregnancy scare and although he was only an hour and a half away it was still horrible not being able to get hold of him. I am worried in case something happens and he's not here :cry:

Hi

I can understand you being nervous, when my DH visits his nan he is four hours away and i panic. It is totally understandable to be nervous.

I am sure that you are going to be okay. Try not to stress yourself and relax, I know it will be hard. You havent got long and you should just try to enjoy it for the last few weeks.

you can always come onto this site and i am sure there will be someone for you to talk to.

Where abouts do you live, have you any relatives or good friends close by.

x

Where abouts do you live, have you any relatives or good friends close by.

My mum is just round the corner, so I am daft really. But it's not the same as having DH here at night. The days wont be so bad as I am used to him not being here when he's at work, but it's the evenings I am dreading :(

Aw bless you. I know just how you feel, my DF went away for the day to newcastle with a patient from work, i felt really ill, and got myself all upset cos i knew he couldnt just come home as he was working, my boss was like, aw dont worry youve got us...no offence but not the same!! LOL!
im sure you'll be fine, you'll have to spend lots of time on here!!

We spent time apart a couple of months ago when I went on holiday with my mum but as it was me going away I was OK about it, but I would absolutely hate it if it was the other way round and I was left at home on my own.

If I was in your position I would make sure I had a big long list of films lined up (the sort the OH would hate) and get yourself snuggled up with your coziest pyjamas, fluffiest duvet and a huge box of choccies.

He will be back before you know it.

I know how you feel, my DH goes over to England every few weeks for three or four days and even though I know he has to do it, I absolutley hate it. I didn't use to mind too much but since becoming pregnant I hate being away from him :(

Hiya,

I know i'm not that far gone and i may feel differently when that time comes if my DH goes away but he went on a stag do last week and has got another next week and to be honest even tho. I really miss him and would prefer him to be at home but I think on the bright side - I can have the bed all to myself and spread out - also I don't have to put up with football being on the t.v!! :D
I think it's the end of Feb. he is going away for a week on a course so I may feel differently then but I know that if something went wrong he'd drop everything and come home straight away. Ask your DH to check his mobile frequently throughout the day and ring you when he can, that hopefully will put your mind at rest, that you will be able to get hold of him fairly quickly if you needed to.

Nicki.x

Hi,

my DH only got back a week ago from being in the US for two weeks. Before he went I was very worried about how I'd cope as we've never been apart that long before in 12 years- let alone when I'm in this state! My Mum offered to come and stay with me and before he went I did think that I might get so paranoid and lonely in the evenings that I'd have to take her up on it. In reality though I think I coped really well - mostly because I kept myself amused watching films that I know he'd hate and eating stuff he doesn't like and going to bed very very early! I got a weeks worth of girlie videos out from the local library at a time (where they are only £2 for a week) and they really helped me get through the evenings. I got out Bridget Jones II and Bride and Prejudice and things like that and I cried through most of them in a very hormonal way! My Mum and his Mum kept phoning up to check on me and I came on here a lot which really helped. Finally I have to say that it was really rather nice to have a tiny bit of total peace in the evenings when I didn't have to speak to anyone and I could totally relax knowing that no one needed me to do anything at any time or say anything or try and be sociable if I felt pants. It was the last chance I had for the forseeable for some total me time and I did manage to enjoy it even though I didn't think I would. It was fabulous when he came back mind you :)

Don't worry- I'm sure you'll cope better than you think and we're all here to chat to :)

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back