So annoyed with Sainsburys

Sam's Mum

Reaction score
I'm fuming!!! We just went shopping to the Sainsburys that we do all our shopping at...at least twice a week. We left at 5 just as it was about to close, got to the car (only a few yards from the door) and Sam told me that he wanted to go to the toilet. I'd asked him just before we left but he said no, and I can't make him if he doesn't want to or he'll scream :lol: So we walked back in, doors still open, people still paying, and got chucked out by security. The toilets are right by the door, I explained it was for my 2 year old who had just started potty training and they still made us leave.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd been properly closed but with people still in there and the doors not closed what difference would it make to them?!! So, so angry :(

Aww honey thats awful, i can't believe they did that no wonder your angry. You should send a email to the store manager about it, i would. Was Sam ok, did he make it home without going? x

id email the store and head office thats not nice at all especially if there were people still in the store

That is unacceptable! I would write to the manager and the area manager - totally not on. They might send you some vouchers!

I'm going to email them tonight. No chance of him making it home without going, sadly... he's only been out of nappies for a few weeks so doesn't give me much warning when he needs to go! I do always have lots of spare clothes with me but that's not really the point... glad you don't think I'm being unreasonable - I was so annoyed with them!

that is awful.... poor Sam, and mum :hug: let us know how you get on with contacting the store manager

OMG Id be fuming! Definately write to them and complain, he's only young for goodness sakes! It would be so tempting to allow him to pee all over their floor but that would only undo all his good work so far toilet training. Mightve been worth it to see their faces though!!!

That is so out of order. I would def. complain to the store manager!!

Did Sam manage to wee on the security guards shoes? xx

Yes rules are rules, but so not in keeping with the customer friendly scheme
My OH works for them, and sometimes they are too strict and I despair!

I would def complain and tell the store manager that Sam wet himself on the way back to the car
I really do think they would apologise and may send you some shopping vouchers too.

Last edited:
I'm so sad for you both, its awful, i told OH and he said if that was us he'd have gone nuts with them. I don't think you're overreacting at all and def think you should send an email, like Rosies mummy said maybe you'll get some vouchers, although its the principle as much as anything, how could you refuse to let a little one potty training go to the loo.

I'm still so annoyed!! I would understand if we hadn't just walked out, or if it was just me when I could clearly have made it home, but a two year old! It's not as if we would have put them out at all by going in

you're definately not being unreasonable hun! Let us know how you get on - I'd be absolutely furious!!! xxx

Blimey even if they were 'about' to close the doors they should look after their customer PAYING customers at that but the fact they refused a child is disgusting!

Thats really bad, more especially as you had just been and spent your money there! Poor Sam. Definitly write or email and try and get something out of them.

We get Sainsburys vouchers through OH's work (one of those options you can get as part of your salary) so we have no option but to shop there... just an apology would be nice - he was really upset, and he's been so good with the potty training :(

That is totally unacceptable. I would definitely write and complain. That security guard should be ashamed of himself xx

Who would you contact? All I can find is a 'contact us' form that you fill in on the website, but it doesn't make it clear who it goes to?!

Or would you send a letter to the store manager?

Last edited:
Who would you contact? All I can find is a 'contact us' form that you fill in on the website, but it doesn't make it clear who it goes to?!

Or would you send a letter to the store manager?

Store manager first and cc a copy to head office, customer services dept, the local store should be able to give you their address, or it may be on the back of your till receipt?

I work for a well known retail company at head office and I know if our customer services dept received a complant like that it would be taken very seriously. Hope you're ok :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back