Smoking

Just imagine being able to smell everything so much better, taste food more and be able to walk without being out of breath! I know its hard, I'm an ex smoker myself, but I know you can do it!!

We should have a stop smoking cheer team! x

I smoked for 16 years:( I smoked about 20 a day then when I got my BFP I cut right down to 3 a day. After a few weeks of feeling guilty I decided to quit cold turkey. Here I am only a month today but I feel excellent. I do believe in mind over matter... When I crave a cig I just tell myself loudly... Well doesn't matter how much I want one I'm NOT going to have one!! It's working :) xx

I was a sick baby, because my mum smoked. She had no complications with her pregnancy, but I was only 3lb10 and very ill when I was born. I was in an incubator for 6 weeks, and nearly didn't make it.

My dad has COPD and emphysema - its crap to watch him struggle to walk and breathe, and everytime he has a coughing fit I go over CPR in my head.

If you want to stop for the sake of your baby, you will, hope you do.

I quit smoking using easy way by Alan Carr (not the comedian and sincere apologies if I'm not really allowed to write that). I can't even tell you when (nealry a year ago I think) because it was such a non event. It was a method that worked so well for me and hubby who also quit after smoking for many many many years. It just gets you to change your way of thinking to understand that 1. You are addicted 2. You are brainwashed into thinking that stopping smoking is hard. He goes through all the excuses smokers give as to why they smoke- summit to do with my hands- then why light it? I like smoking- but you had to force yourself to like it as your first cig made you cough, feel dizzy and want to puke which is definetly not nice etc etc He gives you the mind set to be able to quit cold turkey without using any form of nicotine replacement therapy or replacing it with food or any other substitute.

I know it wouldn't work for everyone but I can't fault it in any way shape or form and it worked so well for me and made the process of quitting quick and painless and I would recommend it to anyone. It can be done and you can do it!

XX

I quit smoking using easy way by Alan Carr (not the comedian and sincere apologies if I'm not really allowed to write that). I can't even tell you when (nealry a year ago I think) because it was such a non event. It was a method that worked so well for me and hubby who also quit after smoking for many many many years. It just gets you to change your way of thinking to understand that 1. You are addicted 2. You are brainwashed into thinking that stopping smoking is hard. He goes through all the excuses smokers give as to why they smoke- summit to do with my hands- then why light it? I like smoking- but you had to force yourself to like it as your first cig made you cough, feel dizzy and want to puke which is definetly not nice etc etc He gives you the mind set to be able to quit cold turkey without using any form of nicotine replacement therapy or replacing it with food or any other substitute.

I know it wouldn't work for everyone but I can't fault it in any way shape or form and it worked so well for me and made the process of quitting quick and painless and I would recommend it to anyone. It can be done and you can do it!

XX

((((waves))))

I am an Allen Carr fan too.

I had his book in my drawer for years but I read it in one sitting after finding out I was pregnant and that was it... No cravings, no withdrawal symptoms, no faltering and having the odd smoke.

I just stopped and I am so frigging proud of myself!

Allen Carr is my God - that man was amazing!

xxxxxxxx

Another Allan Carr fan - I quit a 20 a day for 14 year habit after reading easy way. It just really clicked things into place for me, the way he brakes it down into the small physical addiction and the larger, mental addiction, definitely worth a read :)

Quitting is the hardest thing ever, and im sorry to say ive given up giving up :(. I still smoke but i find I smoke a lot less than i used to!. Ive had all my scans and baby has been fine on all of them!. But i agree it is so hard to stop :(

you mean actual baby dummies? or dummy cigs? Good idea wither way?! lol x

honest to god actual baby dummies lol. i dont care if i look daft, i used to carry one in my handbag lol. they really helped me focus on why i quit and gave me something to occupy my hands and mouth with too that wasnt sweets or bad for me in some other way.

I got mine as an audio book, and I gave one to my dad for xmas too!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back