Smoking while ttc.

Onlylove

Reaction score
I've been cutting back, after this pack i'm going to try to quit cold turkey. Junior hates cigarettes, the smell, the look of me smoking, the concept, everything. We made a deal that after this pack, no more. I'm down to half a pack and already stressing on it..

Think me smoking is the reason three months have went by, and i'm still not pregnant? Anyone else here smoke? :eh:

Smoking does lower your chances of getting pregnant, i was a smoker through ttc and it took me 3 years to get pregnant but i did stop the day i got my BFP and have not touched them since.

That's exactly what I will do. I always told myself, once I get pregnant I will stop forever so i'll just keep smoking until then. Now, I want to quit asap. I just don't want to do it anymore. 3 years isn't that long but I can't remember not smoking.

3 years is very long when trying for a baby, i wish i had stopped sooner and regret not doing so.

Hey Hun,

I conceived first time and I was a hardened smoker. I continued to smoke up until bfp.

They say it effects fertility but I guess it effects everyone differently.

I wish I had the courage like you to quit before bfp , could have saveded so much money and put it in
The bank for lo.

Good luck wit whatever you decide to do xxx

I smoked it took my six months to get preggo but stop the day I got my bfp

I smoke hun and am finding it hard to stop teamed with the stress of ttc, i have tried patches etc i guess we just gotta bite the bullet and use old fashioned willpower lol

So hard tho

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

i had been a 20 a day smoker for over 16 years, and I stopped as soon as we started TTC. I was very aware it was not doing my body any good fertility wise and I wanted to do everything possible to increase my chances of getting pregnant.

I could actually murder a cig just now, but I wont. Its a sacrifice we have to make.

3 years is very long when trying for a baby, i wish i had stopped sooner and regret not doing so.

NO! Lol I've been a smoker for 3 years now! I've only been TTC for 3 months! God I hope it doesn't take me 3 years.:shock:

I stopped after I got my BFP in May and never went back (so nearly 10 months). We were NTNP and I had only been off the pill for one cycle...

Hoping after 3 miscarriages that this bean is a sticky!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have been a off and on again smoker. I usually crave one during the 2ww. However, I want a baby more than a smoke so I have to just deal with it and not give in to my cravings.....Best of luck to ya

@Carnat! I pray this little bean sticks!!!Congrats lovie!

I've been reading a lot about fertility recently and something really stuck out to me - everyone will know someone who did everything wrong and still caught first time, but it'll relate to your (and your partner's) fertility. If you're mega fertile you'll be less fertile but it won't show much, but if not these little things will have more and more affect on you.

So regardless of what the impact was for other people, something could be affecting your own fertility.

My oh made me stop drinking and smoking before ttc. Since xmas id been on and off smoking and then 2 weeks ago.we decided we might go for it adnd i quit both there and then.......good luck hun xxx

He 'made you'? Not drinking and smoking may be good decisions but they're you're to make. Sorry if that sounds like an attack on you - it's not, I'm just a bit of a rampant feminist :)

I'm not a smoker myself, but well done to any of you who are stopping. Research published by the BMA said smoking can decrease chances of conceiving by up to 40 per cent (although I don't know how that relates to amount smoked/length of time being a smoker etc.)

*yours, not you're. And research published last year. Typing on iPhone is gash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back