smoking weed

OMG how really sad. That woman has to smoke dope to enjoy her daughters company. It breaks my heart.
I have smoked dope and have friends that do, but smoking near children or whilst they are around is irresponsible. ( in my eyes!)

I can't say it really surprises me - I suppose I would have just assumed that smoking weed has a similar effect to cigs when it comes to cot death.

It just adds to my convictions though that people shouldn't use weed around kids.

I have to admit i smoked a couple of joints when i was about 17 and hated it i didnt wanna go to work. It made me lazy unmotivated. antisocial and dumb. I can't bring myself to even had a sip of drink around my child. i wont drink when she is in bed so i can be on top form all the time. So i couldn't understand being stoned. You nedd to be quick with children that makes you tiered. Mad some people eh

that is so bad, when i was younger i smoked weed a few times but nothing major, i dont touch it anymore, i used to smoke ciggs but the second i found out i was p i quit smoking them aswell and found it really easy actually, i think cause i had my PG to focus on and knew what the right thing was.

To be honest i think that is disgusting behaviour. Pot i wouldnt say is that bad of a drug if smoked sometimes, when addicted it is bad as sami has shown, and i have no problem with people who smoke i didnt really like the "stupid pot heads" comment that someone put, that is taking it off the subject of been stoned around children and bringing it onto people who smoke weed in general and thats not fair in my eyes.

People should not drink or smoke around children. and if people think its good behaviour and that they need to smoke weed to enjoy their children, then im sorry but they shouldnt have children.

poor little things
Cas x

The 'stupid pot head'comment was mine
I apolgise if i offended you cassi :(

I meant it as they are stupid for smoking it round children and 'pot head' because they are addicted

Apologises again for offending anyone that wasn't my intention, i was annoyed

Not offended me i dont smoke it anymore, i just thought it might offend other people and thought it was abit out of order. No problem though and yep they are stupid smoking around kids id shove a joint up their arses, thoughtless prats!!!

Its like parents that smoke ciggys and blow it right towards their children, i think its digusting, and parents who smoke with children in the back of the car, where do they think the wind pushes most of the smoke?!?!?! cause its not all going out the window, even if they have there hand out the window it gets pushed back into the back of the car, right in their childs faces..really nice!! :evil:

I've edited that comment, as i have read it back and you are
right Cassi it did seem a bit out of order

Many apologies to anyone i may have upset

cassi said:
Its like parents that smoke ciggys and blow it right towards their children, i think its digusting, and parents who smoke with children in the back of the car, where do they :evil:

grrrrr that makes me sooo mad to. a fag hanging over the pram.

i hate it when im at the bus stop and some one in frount is smoking the wind is blowing it all in Diors face and i see her turn her nose up

god yeh that pisses me off no end aswell

There i am with a big bump at the bus stop the other day and this idiot stood next to me and starts sharing his smoke with me!!! :x :evil: how rude!!!

Its only when I got PG and quit smoking that i realised how antisocial it actually is, now i notice how much smokers smell of it, i never noticed it before, but on the bus it makes me wrench if a smoker sits near me, it upsets me to think i smelt like that once (sorry to any smokers on here but its true) and that people might of been standing or sitting next to me thinking "god she stinks of fags"...also that wherever you smoke, smoke goes onto you, i always used to try and move away from people, but wind will blow smoke onto people no matter what. I find it very rude when smokers dont make an effort to move away from people, i did when i smoked aswell. Sorry gone off topic a little bit lol.

Also when they put the ban in on pubs and restaurants i was like FFS how rude!! but now i walk into a pub and if its smoky i dont want to be in there, and i certainly dont want to eat in there, its jepordising my health and it stinks, and now i see why they put the ban up and i think its pretty damn good too! Isnt it funny how oblivious you are to all these things untill you stop doing it yourself. i spent forever trying to quit and failing and then i got PG and just quit really easily it was weird.

cas x

I used to smoke it and it made me SO paranoid, I hated it and I found it really easy to quit. I smoked it just before my nephew was born and his mum asked me if I would like a hold of him, and i refused because I diddn't trust myself in the state I was in and that was the last time I had it.

Everytime someone mentions the stuff I get queezy and I panic when thinking back to how paranoid it made me feel and I always wonder how many other people feel how I do and still smoke it? :?

I used to babysit for a woman who rolled joints infront of her 7 year old daughter and if her daughter would ask what she's putting in it her mother would reply 'just something to make the fag stronger'... :? Kids arent thick and they shouldn't be around it.

I hate how pregnancy books state 'There is no known evidence about pregnancy and cannibis and it's effects, bla bla bla' If they say smoking is harmful to a fetus then obviously a joint is more harmful!

Back to the original subject, how do I feel about people being around babies and children and smoking it? I'm totally against it. When I used to get stoned I hardly heard my phone ringing sometimes because I was in that much of a world of my own so I wouldnt trust myself around a baby who could possably be crying for ages before i'd even heard it etc...

Alcohol is a different situation for me, I could be really drunk but if kids were around me i'd sober up pretty quickly. Last christmas me and OH went to his uncles pub for xmas dinner, and afterwards he let us all help ourselvs to his optics behind the bar and we all drank LOADS! When we left my brother asked me if i would have my nephew for an hour and that was it, I was completely sober! Kind of a downer lol but my nephew is worth it

edited after reading the whole topic :-
How can people say they can enjoy their children more whilst being stoned? Do these people actually REMEMBER doing anything with their children whilst being stoned? I used to forget really important things when I smoked it and sometimes I still do forget things and always blame it on smoking that stuff a while ago! (plus pregnancy brain lol)...

And as another poster said it's not fair that these people can have children as easily as they do and other people who dont do these things have hard times. There's a woman that lives near my sister who smokes pot all the time and takes Phet too...oncer she put some in a cup of tea which her son picked up and drank, and he was trying to climb the walls and everything because of how it affected him, and she still has her children, also her house is a mess with razor blades in window sills and tablets in reach of children etc...my sister always says 'it p***** you off how people like her can have children no problem, and people like me and my sister have both had miscarriages...' :wall: :x :evil:

Since seeing my brother in law smoke cannibis like fags I am dead against it. Not only around kids but completly! He is now a total head case! He's non stop paranoid about everything! Anything anyone says that he doesn't like they are doing it on purpose! For instance he works nights and his neighbours work during the day like most people do. If they even move in his neighbours house when he's asleep during the day he kicks off at them! He thinks they should be quiet because he is asleep. He's turned into a complete loon! He's constanly agressive as well, I've never seen him hit anyone but he's always trying to start fights! I'm his new target at the moment because my hubby told him where to go it's my fault so I'm now the new bitch in his eyes when I haven't even spoken to him in months. A few months ago they refused to serve him in McDonalds when he was on a drink and cannibis fueled night out so he tried to throw the money box they have on the counter at them (they are chained down) all the money went everywhere and he had to leg it! All of this is down to cannibis, the more he has the worse he gets! He is now a complete loser and his life is a complete joke.

Xena said:
Okay, firstly no I don't smoke weed - never touched the stuff.

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on being stoned around babies and young children.

I'm a member of quite a few forums, and on one of them, there's a big discussion going on at the moment about this subject.
It seems that only me and 1 other member have expressed views that we think this is a bad thing.

There are many members who claim to be regularly stoned around their babies, and say that it makes them "better parents!" :shock:

To be honest this rather horrifies me....

anyway I thought I'd throw it open for discussion around here to see what your views are on it.

(No arguments though please - this sort of thing can get out of hand quickly :wink: ).

:shock: :shock: :shock:

well i say stone the stoned parents with rocks

I personally see no difference between weed and alcohol, I would not look after my child if I was either stoned or drunk - I mean I need all my wits about me with Seren deciding to go extreme crawling (climbing stairs, finding plugs etc), also what if their was an emergency and I needed to get her to hospital or the docs. I would have no problem with a parent having a joint or a drink after child is in bed, as long as there wassomeone else there for the reasons above, and as long as they did not smoke it in front of the child, but I also say that about ordinary cigerettes.

beanie said:
I personally see no difference between weed and alcohol, I would not look after my child if I was either stoned or drunk - I mean I need all my wits about me with Seren deciding to go extreme crawling (climbing stairs, finding plugs etc), also what if their was an emergency and I needed to get her to hospital or the docs. I would have no problem with a parent having a joint or a drink after child is in bed, as long as there wassomeone else there for the reasons above, and as long as they did not smoke it in front of the child, but I also say that about ordinary cigerettes.

agreed

beanie said:

i agree to

I see a difference between weed and alcohol, I can control myself when drinking but if I got stoned, i'd be stoned until it decides to wear off. But it affects people differently.

Well I don't drive anyway so having to drive to the hospital or something would be a problem anyway, but like I said above where children are concerned, I sober up suprisingly quick if ive been drinking.

I still don't think i'd trust myself having a joint if my child was asleep or not, I just wasn't that responsible when I used to smoke it, and i'd be paranoid and checking my child every 5 minutes...i'd find it more relaxing to be on a straight head rather than smoking a joint.

beanie said:

I totaly agree with that.

I used to smoke and I have had the occasional joint before I got caught pg and that would only ever be when I was with friends ive never gone out my way to buy the stuff. As soon as I found out I was pg I gave up smoking straight away and it doesnt bother me one bit.

If I were ever to smoke a joint it would never be around my little girl and would only ever be when shes being looked after by her granny for the night, when me and OH get the chance to have a night on our own ( which wont be a regular thing!) and the same if we were to have a drink I would never do either in front of her or be under the influence around her its just irasponsible, you need to be on the ball all the time around children, its sad how that women can only enjoy her childs company under the influence. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back