smoking weed

Xena

Reaction score
Okay, firstly no I don't smoke weed - never touched the stuff.

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on being stoned around babies and young children.

I'm a member of quite a few forums, and on one of them, there's a big discussion going on at the moment about this subject.
It seems that only me and 1 other member have expressed views that we think this is a bad thing.

There are many members who claim to be regularly stoned around their babies, and say that it makes them "better parents!" :shock:

To be honest this rather horrifies me....

anyway I thought I'd throw it open for discussion around here to see what your views are on it.

(No arguments though please - this sort of thing can get out of hand quickly :wink: ).

Xena said:
It seems that only me and 1 other member have expressed views that we think this is a bad thing.
: ).

:shock: :shock:
I wouldnt have more than a glass of wine around my kids and I certainly wouldnt smoke weed. I have smoked it when I was younger and dont mind anyone else doing it but not around children.

One lass says that she physically smokes it outside away from her son, but then when she's stoned comes back inside.
Honestly I don't think that's much better. I mean, okay, the baby isn't inhaling the smoke, but I can't honestly see how somebody can feel that they are responsible to be around a child whilst they are stoned. I wouldn't be around Lydia drunk.

*eta: I might have 1 shot of baileys or something, but I certainly wouldn't get drunk or even slightly tipsy around her.

:shock: I am shocked that people think thats ok!!!

I don't smoke weed and never have, i don't have problems with people who do but i don't think it should be done around children at all

I smoke cigs but never ever around my children, and if i have a drink which is very rarley i might add :( I have no more than 2 glasses of wine and only then when kids are in bed

Honestly i don't think some people have the sense they were born with

and may i ask how being 'stoned' can possibly make you a better parent??
The only reason i can see is that they are so out of it they don't give a crap

i dont even have a glass of wine if im with my children, i fear they will smell it and get drunk :oops:

iv never smoked weed, but hung about with alot that do, its not a real bad drug and i understand people saying it makes them better mums. i no one woman she has 5 children she is always stressed and shouting ect but if she smokes weed she is calm, weed does calm people and chill them out so if a mum is bad tempered and the kids are brats then ild rather the mother smoke weed then hit the child or scream at them?

but iv also heard that weed is not as bad for the lungs then cig's?

but its not for me im luckly anough to be very laid back any way :D

Xena, I totally agree with you..........you should never get stoned and look after your children (or drunk for that matter).

I kind of face this dilemma myself as my partner is a smoker. When he is stoned his concentration is terrible, I am constantly repeating myself as he forgets within seconds and he will quite openly admit that he 'is not with it'.

There is no question that when our baby arrives, they is NO way he will get stoned while looking after he/she. (I would cut his *8£%" off!!!!!)

Im sorry but I fooking hate drugs. No need for it im afraid in my eyes. I shall not comment too much on this subject because I really feel strongly about it!!

Being stoned around children is TOTALLY irresponsible end of story. :evil:

phew I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that it's wrong - they are totally picking on me over there :(
I don't want to quote some of the things people are saying as to why they reckon it's great to be stoned around kids (mainly because I don't think I'm allowed to quote other forums lol)....but some of the reasons are just dippy.

No im 110% behind you on that one Xena!

probably saying daft stuff'cos tey out of there trees :lol:

i think you can quote as long as it doesn't advertise which forum it is

jo said:
probably saying daft stuff'cos tey out of there trees :lol:

i think you can quote as long as it doesn't advertise which forum it is

are you sure?....if I get in trouble for this can i smack you? lol (kidding)

okay well, this one lass (who's name and age and identity shall remain anonymous lol) comes up with:

Ok, here I come with yet another thing that would qualify me as a bad mother...I'm frequently in the presence of my daughter when I'm stoned. I don't smoke around her but I've been around her more often than not when I was stoned. The truth is, pot helps me with Rebecca. I don't get help from anyone....ANYONE...with Rebecca so sometimes motherhood really starts to bring me down. Pot helps. When I'm high I'm a lot more attentive...probably even more responsible. I get pure pleasure out of reading stories to her, having tickle fights, playing tag...it just makes me feel like a kid who wants to play, not like an adult who is trying to play for the sake of making their child happy. In turn, that makes Rebecca happier which makes me even happier because we're both genuinely enjoying eachother without a hint of phoniness. I'm fully aware I won't be winning mother of the year anytime soon but as long as I have fun with Rebecca and we're both laughing our asses off I really couldn't give less of a shit about how anyone labels me. They don't pay my bills, they don't feed or clothe me so their judgements mean squat to me.
baby's name was changed to protect identity

wtf?? she thinks shes more attentive and responsible when she's high?
and what on earth is all that about "trying to play for the sake of making [their] child happy"?....sounds to me like she doesn't enjoy being with her daughter unless she's stoned! I don't know about you guys, but that just seems bizarre. Only thing I can think of is possible PND?
(also wondering why she doesn't get any help from anyone as she's supposedly in a long term relationship).

another member claims:
I don't smoke AROUND my kids. I have been in the presence of them stoned when other adults were around.

okay, that's maybe SLIGHTLY better if there are non-stoned adults around, (unless she means the other adults are stoned too :? - I hope not). But still I don't think it's right to be around children when you are stoned, even if there are other people there who aren't.

righty that's enough quoting - I hope I was actually allowed to post that!

I hereby decalre that i Jo of sound
mind(maybe :? ) accept full responibilty of Xena
quoteing the said above and also do declare that
she may give me a good smack if it is not allowed

I think they are all stupid stupid people and that
if anyone from SS reads that they would be in trouble

How stupid can you get???

jo said:
I hereby decalre that i Jo of sound
mind(maybe :? ) accept full responibilty of Xena
quoteing the said above and also do declare that
she may give me a good smack if it is not allowed

I think they are all stupid stupid people and that
if anyone from SS reads that they would be in trouble
How stupid can you get?

lol that made me giggle.

actually they're all american (although they are from states where weed is still illegal, so no excuse) - but that could explain their attitudes I suppose. I find (forgive me for the ever so slightly anti-american comment I'm about to make) that a lot of americans are frequently several crumbs short of a biscuit!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I totally agree with you on that one,
no offence to any americans on here
as we are all perfectly sane :rotfl:

god that woman you quoted must be so so sad if she has to be stoned to enjoy doing stuff with her daughter.

I can quite happily lie on the floor with lily and just look at her smiling for hours without taking anything like that.

and i consider myself lucky if my boys will sit with me to read a book now days.

I just feel very sorry for her tbh.

xSuzx

I know, I feel the same about being with Lydia. She's highly entertaining - no drugs needed!

I would say something to her in regards to maybe seeking some kind of professional help for the way she feels, but she's a bit fiesty lol - she'd probably virtually rip my legs off lol.

sorry but this makes me so mad its so unfair that people who take drugs are allowed to have healthy children and keep them yet my little man died and i dont touch drugs :evil: makes me so angry
nuff said will say no more on subject xxx

:( oh hun :hug: I agree it's ridiculously unfair :(

Xena said:
they are totally picking on me over there :(
*puts arms around Xena* You come back into this forum sweetie, no-one will pick on you here. If they do they'll have us sane and normal people to deal with :evil: 8)

My good friends ex partner used to smoke it like cigarettes, so much it affected his brain big time, he became abusive, violent and a very nasty man, very nasty. Seeing my friend go through what she did with him and what her poor children went through breaks my heart. Thank god she left him while she could.

There is NO acceptable excuse to do drugs around children, EVER! That woman needs a slap, she is a disgrace and need help if she can't deal with her daughter any other way than being stoned. I think it's awful. That poor child :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back