Slightly obsessed with my weight!!

MrsRoger

Reaction score
Hello,

I have always been very conscious of my weight and wanted to get down to a 10/12 dress size before I fell pregnant as was a 14/16 before hand.

In my first trimester I lost almost a stone and a half with the sickness and was first weighed at 12st by the midwife.

I am now totally obsessing about my weight and on the scales like every second day.

I'm having twins and 21 + 5 and weigh 13st 4lbs.

Is anyone else feeling this way? I don't feel fat or ugly, but just don't want it to get out of control and really struggle to lose the baby weight afterwards xxxxx

As long as your doing your best to eat as healthily as possible there's no point stressing or obsessing over it, what will be will be xx

Hey MrsRoger! I wanted to lose tonnes of weight before falling pregnant and i only managed a stone. I am just trying not to put on any weight in this pregnancy, as I don't want to have too much to lose afterwards!

I was obsessed about it, but I haven't put any on so I have stopped checking my weight because I don't feel any bigger. I am a size 16 now and want to get back to a comfortable 10 after baby is born!

You might not put on any weight but don't obsess to the point where you don't eat because I am guessing growing twins means you need a fair few extra calories xxxx

Hey MrsRoger! I wanted to lose tonnes of weight before falling pregnant and i only managed a stone. I am just trying not to put on any weight in this pregnancy, as I don't want to have too much to lose afterwards!

I was obsessed about it, but I haven't put any on so I have stopped checking my weight because I don't feel any bigger. I am a size 16 now and want to get back to a comfortable 10 after baby is born!

You might not put on any weight but don't obsess to the point where you don't eat because I am guessing growing twins means you need a fair few extra calories xxxx

Hey Flexi :)

How are you getting on?

I am meant to consume atleast 2800 calories a day with having the twinnies in my 2nd tri, but that seems almost impossible!!

I am just eating throughout the day and making sure I am not going crazy, I am pretty curvy and no matter what size I have been, always had big boobs and a big bum but a small waist.

Diabetes runs in my family and I also think that is a constant niggle in the back of my mind but I have lost my appetite for most sweet things so hoping I will be ok!!

I might get my Mr Man to take the scales out the bathroom and hide them lol!!

xxxxx

Hey Flexi :)

How are you getting on?

I am meant to consume atleast 2800 calories a day with having the twinnies in my 2nd tri, but that seems almost impossible!!

I am just eating throughout the day and making sure I am not going crazy, I am pretty curvy and no matter what size I have been, always had big boobs and a big bum but a small waist.

Diabetes runs in my family and I also think that is a constant niggle in the back of my mind but I have lost my appetite for most sweet things so hoping I will be ok!!

I might get my Mr Man to take the scales out the bathroom and hide them lol!!

xxxxx

Im getting on great thanks for asking love!

WOW that is a lot of calories - I can imagine your concern now! Have you ever had anything to do with slimming world? I used to do it and i was eating about 2500 calories a day by eating jacket potatoes and baked beans etc, so that will probably help with racking up healthy calories!

I am same body shape as you, massive tits and massive backside but always a slimmer waist. It is nice when I lose weight because I look nicer slimmer with a small waist lol!

Yeah with the diabetes history I would try and just eat the low GI but high calorie food, you can do it! xxx

21 weeks and a 1stone 4 gain is amazing! Im carrying 1 baby who is on the 5th centile and have gained 1stone 2 so good going really! Xx

Yes, as far as I know I only have 1 in there and I have/had gained 1st 4lb by 22 weeks as well.

I've not really gained anything in the last two weeks, One time I weighed myself and had lost 2lb, another time I'd gained 3lb, I'm fluctuating between 10st 10 & 10st 13lb at the moment depending on when I weigh myself. But this last week I've had to start eating smaller meals and 'snacking' more (on fruit and bagels etc) because I've been having a lot of acid indigestion and stomach ache which I think was down to eating big meals. I've been better since I've changed my eating habits.

I'm very conscience of it like you... however, haven't weighed myself since Tri 1.
I purposely lost about a stone whilst TTC, thinking that would be an extra stone of weight I wouldn't need to lose after giving birth. I then lost another stone in Tri 1 due to sickness. I may weigh myself at MW tomorrow, but I've no idea how much baby/fluid/placenta should weigh altogether? So wouldn't know how much "weight" I've put on.

I've pretty much eaten what I've fancied since not feeling as sick anymore, and do feel slightly bigger on my bottom and thighs. Really trying not to worry about it though, I don't think I've gained much at all luckily

Il be 28 weeks tomorrow and I have put on 7 kg last I check, a few days back. I try not to go to mental on my weight because I want to ensure baby is healthy but I also want to lose it after. I wanted to lose weight before I fell pregnant but I got pregnant the first month we tried so that didn't work. I still eat what I want but limit my chocolate intake and all those things but I do have them every now and then. I know 2800 is alot but maybe Google a sample menu of something that's that much. There must be away of doing it so it's not to terrible I. E jacket and something x

I've always been slightly weight obsessed id weigh myself sometimes twice a day but the batteries ran out on my scales in early pregnancy and I discovered sweet food...

I now have new batteries and I've gained an absolute ton but they keep telling me its all baby ( I hope not or I'm giving birth to like a 9 year old haha).

last summer I think at my very lightest I was about 7 stone 9... I think I'm now about 10 stone 6 ish at 38 weeks.. Still gaining. Pretty unbelievable!!!

Last edited:
I have lost weight since coming back for a two week all inclusive where I really did stuff my face and sitting at 13 stone 2 this morning lol.

I just don't want to really struggle getting it off after the babies are born as want to be a super fit healthy mum for my babies.

I have popped on a piccy of me this morning, please excuse my bedroom, it was my husband man cave before we swapped room and still needing decorated LOL!!

Thanks for all your lovely comments, I do love this forum because you can actually open up about how you are feeling to people who would understand where you are coming from xxxxxx

Attachments

• b541b649-956d-438d-89c0-d2a5df32c1df.jpg
    b541b649-956d-438d-89c0-d2a5df32c1df.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 39
I know the feeling, in my 3 previous pregnancies ive gone from a size 10/12 to an 18/12 and gained at least 5 stone in each, this time i want it to be different but the nausea in tri 1 only allowed me to eat carbs and stodge! Im limiting my weigh-ins to every 4 weeks, at 8 weeks i was the same and 12 weeks i gained 4lb so weigh in is next week and im hoping to only gain 1 stone by 20 weeks and have given myself a 3 stone allowance in total!! The only positive thing i can say is that ive managed to lose the weight each time, and i can guarantee with twins to run around after you will to, plus in your photo you look amazing xxxx

You look fantastic Mrs R, stop worrying honey xx

I too have been keep an eye on my weight as to be honest I'd managed to put 10lb on before I got pregnant taking me to 12st3. I weighed myself Sunday morning (as I do every week) and I weighed 12st7 at 20w4d.

I'm happy so far but just dreading it also piling on fast!!

I have to admit that I'm also apprehensive about putting on weight in pregnancy. I'm happy to do whatever it takes to have a healthy baby. But I've always been the same shape all my life, doing lots of sport, and now to suddenly explode at age 36 is really strange. After the past three weeks of eating whatever I fancied ("cause I'm preggy, and I can!"), I'm starting to smarten up this week and eat healthier snacks. When it's your first time, it's difficult to tell what's healthy weight gain and what's unnecessary fat gain.

I too have been keep an eye on my weight as to be honest I'd managed to put 10lb on before I got pregnant taking me to 12st3. I weighed myself Sunday morning (as I do every week) and I weighed 12st7 at 20w4d.

I'm happy so far but just dreading it also piling on fast!!

Hello,

It's good to have someone who was similar weight to me and it seems that the weight you have put on with one bubba coincides with my weight gain with the two and I haven't (apart from two weeks holiday) been stuffing my face.

I have received tonnes of compliments about how good I am looking since getting back from holiday and that I look like I have lost a lot of weight and don't look pregnant from the back so going to hold onto that positivity and let my husband take the scales out the bathroom LOL

xxxxxxx

I wasnt really happy with my weight beforhand and didn't lose any in the first tri (had morning sickness but it wasn't too bad).. I'd put on 5kg (10lbs) at 20'weeks so probably more now lol to be honest that weight gain with twins sounds perfect to me.
You can google 'weight gain in pregnancy' and you get a few websites where you can enter your height/gestation/how many babies and they give You an average breakdown by week, i think it'll help reassure you x

You can google 'weight gain in pregnancy' and you get a few websites where you can enter your height/gestation/how many babies and they give You an average breakdown by week, i think it'll help reassure you x

Haha, I used two different sites and on both I've gained way more than I should for a singleton pregnancy but slap bang on target if it were a twin pregnancy lol :oooo::lol:

Hi hun
Just seen this thread, I just want to say you look absolutely gourgous! !! :) You've got a lovely neat bump and to say your having twins I don't think that's a lot of weight to have gained

I'm very concerned that I weigh almost 13 stone and I know I'm going to put more weight on , I did lose a stone and got down to 12 stone while TTC but put it back on the last few months
Was planning in dieting again but obviously got my Bfp...so I will just try to eat as healthy as possible

I'm so glad I've finally joined you here!!

xxxxxx

I was a bit stressed about weight gain early when I bloated out quite early but it calmed down and now that my belly is starting to take shape I havent worried.

I was a size 8-10 prepregnancy. I think first pregnancy I started at a size 12 but lost weight through sickness. This time Ive had no sickness so kinda thinking Ill be bigger this time round. BMI is still 24 and I weighed 66kg at bookingd in. And Im still a size 10 but I dont think so for much longer :lol:

Ill play it by ear. I gained 2.5st last time so as long as its no more than 3st this time I wont overly worry, as long as your eating healthy and keeping fairly active youll be fine.

And you look brill for twinnies. My friends having twins and she is massive. She had a full bump by like 13w :lol:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back